Flat sodding tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The pressure difference from a nirmal 20 deg C to 50 deg C in the sun is (323/293) - 1 = 10%. The thing is not to buy tyres that are rated for a low max pressure, like Schwalbe Durano. Their max pressure is lower than the MINIMUM pressure of my usual Vredesteins, which will take 185psi if you want them to (track racing?). The Duranos need to be kept to 100psi or lower to avoid blow-offs (and they really do blow off at a smidgen over 110psi) which puts you in pinch flat territory on bad roads with 25c.
Yes, I've experienced exactly that, with D+s. Pumped to 100 psi, ridden on a hot sunny day, boom tshhhhhh, change of bibs required.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
There do seem to be a lot of crap inner tubes floating around out there. When I last ordered through the mail, there were many comments about poor workmanship crossing many brands.I got one where the tube was sealed together much too narrowly, causing a flat spot on the wheel, and a gradual release of air pressure as well. They may be more expensive, but i think tires and tubes will be sourced locally from here on, I have some good but expensive bicycle shops around here.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
The pressure difference from a nirmal 20 deg C to 50 deg C in the sun is (323/293) - 1 = 10%. The thing is not to buy tyres that are rated for a low max pressure, like Schwalbe Durano. Their max pressure is lower than the MINIMUM pressure of my usual Vredesteins, which will take 185psi if you want them to (track racing?). The Duranos need to be kept to 100psi or lower to avoid blow-offs (and they really do blow off at a smidgen over 110psi) which puts you in pinch flat territory on bad roads with 25c.
The tyres are Vittoria Rubino Pro's, rated to 9 bar (130psi).

Top Bottom