Flat Touring pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am looking for decent touring pedals. I have used Sylvan pedals from Spa but despite greasing they have developed a repetitive click when riding but not when coasting . I did use heavy duty DMR MTB pedals which I liked but thought, mistakenly in hindsight, they were too heavy. So do I get a fresh pair or can others suggest decent, pedals ie. not the cheap as chips versions? Suggestions and sources welcomed.

vickster

Legendary Member

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
I've just moved to Shimano PD-EF202 pedals in a fetching shade of blue. My feet prefer them to DMR V8s.

1713038638504.png

Kingfisher101

Über Member
How can a touring pedal be too heavy? You wont even be able to tell the difference?
Get a pair of composite MTB pedals they will be lighter than aluminium ones and cheaper.https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/dmr-v11-pedals?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhY_HvY7BhQMVOJJQBh0RUwf_EAQYAiABEgKUm_D_BwE#172=2356.
I have these and they are great.

I am looking for decent touring pedals. I have used Sylvan pedals from Spa but despite greasing they have developed a repetitive click when riding but not when coasting . I did use heavy duty DMR MTB pedals which I liked but thought, mistakenly in hindsight, they were too heavy. So do I get a fresh pair or can others suggest decent, pedals ie. not the cheap as chips versions? Suggestions and sources welcomed.
despite greasing they have developed a repetitive click when riding but not when coasting..

I like the fact that you give us extra clues to help us understand the problem but this one brings me no closer to guessing the cause of the click.

Dont use it when you take your car to the garage. "The engine makes a funny noise, but not when switched off."

OP
OP
C

carlislemike

Regular
Thanks for the advice. The Sylvan pedals have been greased and click continues. Bearings seemed okay. Swapped out temporarily for a pair of Sylvan road pedals (single sided) but the resin DMRs are next up for purchase.

gom

Über Member
... The Sylvan pedals have been greased and click continues.
FWIW I've used Sylvan Touring pedal for years on several bikes, and from time-to-time one or other of them has developed a click when pedalling. Re-greasing the bearings has always fixed it for me (touch wood).

Top Bottom