Flaunting the law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I know that road well. Its actually just outside of Cov, not in it as the paper claims.

Aside from that, must have been a slow news day.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I don't see much wrong with the cycling there. Any motorist catching them up can clearly see it is a large group using the road to go somewhere and despite the slightly gung-ho riding they didn't really do anything surprising or unexpected. Bit of a non story IMO.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't see much wrong with the cycling there. Any motorist catching them up can clearly see it is a large group using the road to go somewhere and despite the slightly gung-ho riding they didn't really do anything surprising or unexpected. Bit of a non story IMO.
That's kind of the point though isn't it?

I work for the NHS, have a beard, glasses, and wear smart black shoes that lace up.

However that does not mean that I kill my patients on a regular basis

In the same way because I ride a bike, I am not responsible for the actions of this group

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I work for the NHS, have a beard, glasses, and wear smart black shoes that lace up.

However that does not mean that I kill my patients on a regular basis

In the same way because I ride a bike, I am not responsible for the actions of this group
Cool story, bro.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
It's not about the actions of the group in the article, it's about how peoples opinions about those activities are programmed by 'the media' , it's not just about cycling, in many ways the media controls how people see themselves and where they are in society.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You cared enough to make a personal dig as opposed to constructive posting.....
It's a shorthand way of wondering aloud what your post has to do with anything. With most people I'd read into it that they hadn't read the article, but I'm aware that in this case it will make no difference whether you've read it or not.

PS I've 'constructively' pointed you in the direction of the marvellous @Beztweets. There's no need to thank me.

Drago

Legendary Member
I read the article alright, and while I don't disagree in principle I do feel then author has over-egged the pudding in much the same manner as the Coventry Chipwrapper, but in a different direction. This gives the whole thing continued oxygen when otherwise few cared to begin with, and it had already been long forgotten.

Top Bottom