Flaunting the law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I read the article alright, and while I don't disagree in principle I do feel then author has over-egged the pudding in much the same manner as the Coventry Chipwrapper, but in a different direction. This gives the whole thing continued oxygen when otherwise few cared to begin with, and it had already been long forgotten.

It is the classic way that it is reported as a cycling issue when to is far from the case. The assumption is that as they are on bicycles there is some sort of responsibility on the part of other cyclists for their behaviour

Drago

Legendary Member
I wouldn't disagree with the sentiment Cuno, but needlessly flogging the deceased nag in public serves only to perpetuate matters in the mind of a public who couldn't care less about us. Logic and rational argument won't win these people over any more that it influenced the EU vote.

Much like Mandela, play the long game, rise above it and ignore them, and eventually we will be proved correct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
It is the classic way that it is reported as a cycling issue when to is far from the case. The assumption is that as they are on bicycles there is some sort of responsibility on the part of other cyclists for their behaviour
Are you suggesting that there might be some sort of anti-cyclist bias within certain sections of the media?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Does anyone have a link to the video that works rather than sending me off Into the depths of the local rags pop up hell!
I can't find it anywhere else so I'm guessing the newspaper have bought it. Interestingly the video has no sound, which does make one wonder...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Thank you for directing me to something I am fully aware of, there was a thread about people giving unwanted and unsolicited unnecessary advice u may do well to read it
:laugh:

Not really, it was simply that the
It just seems a bit of a strange thing to point out on this particular thread, that's all.

Not really,these kids were "acting up" and damaging vehicles in a McDonalds, yet it only gets a mention in passing

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Not really, it was simply that the

Not really,these kids were "acting up" and damaging vehicles in a McDonalds, yet it only gets a mention in passing
No mention at all that I can see. Are we looking at the same article? I can't really make any of your comments make sense in the context of what I'm reading.

It is the fact that it is a matter of discussion for cyclists when it is in fact antisocial behaviour.

The discussion implies that there is something that we as a community need to address and deal with

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
It is the fact that it is a matter of discussion for cyclists when it is in fact antisocial behaviour.

The discussion implies that there is something that we as a community need to address and deal with
The article is about media bias. You seem very keen to distance yourself from these cyclists, when one of the arguments in the article is that they have done nothing wrong and are really just a minor irritation. But it's not really about them...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The article is about media bias. You seem very keen to distance yourself from these cyclists, when one of the arguments in the article is that they have done nothing wrong and are really just a minor irritation. But it's not really about them...
@Cunobelin has fallen for the media bias, so feels a desire to distance himself from other cyclists?

Top Bottom