Flies, bugs and other unwanted protein

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What do people use to cover their nose and mouth to stop unwanted guests popping in? I ride in rural areas and there is an abundance of candidates for my dinner but none are that tasty. I'm not fond of the idea of full anti-pollution masks. I'd prefer a simple-but-effective solution and one which I can pull up and down as the need arises.

Thanks.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I don't. :mrpig:

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Breathe through your nose: it's why it's hairy inside (and the shape of the nostrils forms your intake of breath into a vortex driving it deeper into the lungs).

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Never had a problem with bugs invading my very large conk. As for my mouth, I try and keep my lips closed when I'm not muttering to myself through clenched teeth.

Norm

Could use a buff but they warm me up to much.

It's more of a bugger when they get in your eyes though

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
I use a Buff which, if it's too warm, I'll run cold water through first.

And I always wear glasses but seldom a lid when riding on the road.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
My suggested I use one of the tiny Culture's muslins, but I've seen at close hand what gets smeared on them, so...

Nihal

Veteran
What do people use to cover their nose and mouth to stop unwanted guests popping in? I ride in rural areas and there is an abundance of candidates for my dinner but none are that tasty. I'm not fond of the idea of full anti-pollution masks. I'd prefer a simple-but-effective solution and one which I can pull up and down as the need arises.

Thanks.
20080527_e07.jpg

Thought i'd seen you somewhere,but i just could'nt be sure,till now of course:whistle:

sazzaa

Thanks.

I also have this problem. Thinking about trying something like this http://icanbreathe.com/store/honeycomb1.html (will probably go for the lace option because it would be fun to look like I'm wearing knickers on my face)

Top Bottom