flippin' trainline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
35 minutes on the 'phone, at 10p a minute, for the charming man in the call centre to eventually say "Best you go and ask at your local station, they will be able to help you."

How hard can it be for an IT system to tell the call centre which trains have available cycle reservations spaces on them? Way to go Arriva Wales and First Great Western. Useless. With a capital F.

and relax.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
35 minutes on the 'phone, at 10p a minute, for the charming man in the call centre to eventually say "Best you go and ask at your local station, they will be able to help you."

How hard can it be for an IT system to tell the call centre which trains have available cycle reservations spaces on them? Way to go Arriva Wales and First Great Western. Useless. With a capital F.

and relax.
try booking through Southern's webiste. Sounds daft, but they know as much about the bike spaces on FGW as FGW do. Which is naff-all.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
try booking through Southern's webiste. Sounds daft, but they know as much about the bike spaces on FGW as FGW do. Which is naff-all.

trainline was my last resort... before going to the station.

southern site could not seem to cope with the London to Milford leg (& return) needing two reservations from two rail companies; the arriva wales bit seems to be the fly in ointment only 2 bikes per train. not many trains.

may just get off at swansea and ride from there. tc could plot me the less hilly route I'm sure.

Top Bottom