Flo doesn't work if they don't look for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That car was close - saw you slam on and dive for the curb side.

Maz

Guru
Finally seen the video and terrible driving it was too.
If you report it, I bet she'll say what she did was the council's fault for not putting any give way markings at that junction.

cannondale boy

Über Member
Some of you might remember yesterday, a guy from ebay trying to sell his non-eu hi vis strap bands. Stating that a driver can see you 3 times sooner than not wearing any hi vis...what a load of bo**ocks!

As Jacomus-rides-gen has shown that hi vis will not make you safer but will do more harm than good it seems. Was the driver young? (not like you had a good look at her at the time when you were getting mowed down)...just because most accidents happen to drivers that are under 25.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Maz said:
Finally seen the video and terrible driving it was too.
If you report it, I bet she'll say what she did was the council's fault for not putting any give way markings at that junction.

The council is not obliged to put is road markings, if that driver were taking her test that would be a clear fail. But, of course, as every driver will tell you only learn these things to get through the test. After that they don't count and nor do cyclists...;)

Hairy Jock said:
The council is not obliged to put is road markings, if that driver were taking her test that would be a clear fail. But, of course, as every driver will tell you only learn these things to get through the test. After that they don't count and nor do cyclists...:thumbsup:
There's some places where there's no road markings on purpose, it works well on the continent I'm told.;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
HLaB said:
There's some places where there's no road markings on purpose, it works well on the continent I'm told.:smile:

Ah, I've head from a friend in the Netherlands that it worked for a while... but that eventually the motorvehicle drivers just started to use their might to bully other users - making it worse than the general situation (which is brilliant cycle path provision, and respect all round)

Top Bottom