Flood alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
@Hyslop all back to normal for the Halfords crew :okay:, and its definitely brought out the best in some people.
Our head office have been full of praise for efforts in store, I'm sure they imagine we've all paddled our way to work:blush:
Good,pleased to hear that:okay:.And I'm also pleased to hear that your efforts have been recognised,thats so very important.Indeed,it was only this week that I felt a sense of the gloom having begun to lift from the city,in that people were beginning to talk and more positively in shops,cafes etc,and lets remember that theres a long way to go yet for those flooded out,both in Carlisle and everywhere else.So I hope all continues to go well for you all.If things go as the Met predict,perhaps HQ could give you all a free sledge and an afternoon off to go whizzing down Gallows Hill!!:smile:

D

Deleted member 23692

Interesting 'divers eye' view of the flood damage to Victoria Bridge in Kendal. I wonder how many of the seemingly endless stream of amateur structural engineers who all know better than the professional would have envisaged this?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcsw_nD88pY#cumbriafloods

God bless the humble acro prop

D

Deleted member 23692

Sad news from today

The beautiful 18th Century Bell Bridge over the river Caldew near Sedbergham collapsed today. It had been closed sine early Decmeber due to damaged sustained during Storm Desmond, and last night's heavy rain finally broke its back.

Anyone who has walked the Cumbria Way will have crossed the bridge.

Before

untitled_zpsitxpsx2m.png

After

untitled2_zpsnrbhi8ng.png

Hyslop

Veteran
Sad news from today

The beautiful 18th Century Bell Bridge over the river Caldew near Sedbergham collapsed today. It had been closed sine early Decmeber due to damaged sustained during Storm Desmond, and last night's heavy rain finally broke its back.

Anyone who has walked the Cumbria Way will have crossed the bridge.

Before

untitled_zpsitxpsx2m.png

After

untitled2_zpsnrbhi8ng.png
Awful,just awful.All the same,thanks for that, I didn't know.Sebergham is my part of the world, in a family sense,another part of my childhood gone,mine and many others,so sad.Still,we ll carry on,rebuild and look up,at the last,its a bridge,not a home.

Top Bottom