floods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:smile: lots of flood water about here on the rhodes. have you seen this video on you tube. stupid cyclists rides though flooded bike path:wacko: I thought he was going under at one point crazy guy what a ride

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Rhodes is a place on Greece.

Which you tube clip are you talking about? You need to post the link so we can see it.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Chris - you offer no link, and btw; no, Rhodes was an arch colonialist, whose statue a few history rewriters are protesting about in Oxford.

No, this is stupid

This was in June 2007, along the Barnsdale Road (aka 'Roman Road'), the A656, from Castleford, up to Garforth (where it joins M1)
It's a road that often floods as it's low-lying, & the adjacent fields are flood-plain for Castleford

I was just photographing the waters, & noticed something in the distance, zooming in, I saw the guy, & I was astounded how stupid (fearless??) he was

All that he needed was for a manhole cover to have been blown off, during the initial rising of water in the drains, or something to have been washed into the road, during the first incursion of the water (tree branches?, plastic sheeting?) & he'd have gone down, & had the bike on top of him

At a guess there's over 4 foot of water there, & he's circa 500 yards from where I was parked

Floods. West Yorkshire Scenes. Castleford. Barnsdale Road. 1.JPG Floods. West Yorkshire Scenes. Castleford. Barnsdale Road. 2.JPG

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi cuchilo posted the right video:okay: a guy rideing a canal path wounder if all that water affected his wheel bearings etc.

Last edited:
No, this is stupid

This was in June 2007, along the Barnsdale Road (aka 'Roman Road'), the A656, from Castleford, up to Garforth (where it joins M1)
It's a road that often floods as it's low-lying, & the adjacent fields are flood-plain for Castleford

I was just photographing the waters, & noticed something in the distance, zooming in, I saw the guy, & I was astounded how stupid (fearless??) he was

All that he needed was for a manhole cover to have been blown off, during the initial rising of water in the drains, or something to have been washed into the road, during the first incursion of the water (tree branches?, plastic sheeting?) & he'd have gone down, & had the bike on top of him

At a guess there's over 4 foot of water there, & he's circa 500 yards from where I was parked

View attachment 115772 View attachment 115773

Top Bottom