Floyd Landis: USPS bikes sold to pay for doping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh here he goes again. Why doesn't he give it a rest? Yawn.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Here we go.......

"Mr. Landis said he was in position to win the sixth stage when his bike frame snapped. He blamed the mishap on the bike's carbon frame, which, he said, had been weakened by wear and tear".

Really ? When did carbon fatigue ?

Plonker !!

The guy is a compulsive liar

Brains

Legendary Member
There is certainly more than a degree of truth in this as I know where at least one of the bikes is, as it belongs to a mate of mine who bought it off the team, so they definatly are not being passed to the junior riders but being sold off.

Loads of teams sell off there last years bike. I saw An Post's bikes being sold off over the winter and well as David McCann's old race bike on my clubs website.

Landis is clearly telling lies and like all liars he forgets what he has told.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
fossyant said:
Here we go.......

"Mr. Landis said he was in position to win the sixth stage when his bike frame snapped. He blamed the mishap on the bike's carbon frame, which, he said, had been weakened by wear and tear".

Really ? When did carbon fatigue ?

Plonker !!

And an IDIOT !

gavintc

Guru
A team selling bikes and a linkage to doping is quite a leap of logic. Flawed Landis really has not produced anything more than an opinion here and certainly not anything more than some problems with equipment management.

Brains

Legendary Member
Personally I think he has a point.

It is obvious many bikes are being sold off, and these are not cheap bikes, even 2nd hand they are the wrong side of three grand each, so 60 bikes is probably about quarter of a million quid a season.

This brings up two questions, why are they not being passed to the junior teams as they are supossed to be, and who is getting that quarter of a million quid and what are they doing with the money.

Landis may have you thinking it's for buying dope, he may be right, but maybe not that sort of dope.

Its more than a quarter of a million. The bikes are sold off as "being ridden by Lance".. so commandeer a lot more money according to the article 20K. Why is Landis saying this ? He knows that a good way of getting an investigation into the USPS cycling team is to get the Feds and IRS involved. USPS is a government organisation, so therefore it has to account for any money. This is his attempt to get have the teams books given the once over.

redddraggon

Blondie
Kirstie said:
Oh here he goes again. Why doesn't he give it a rest? Yawn.

fossyant said:

simon walsh said:
Landis is clearly telling lies and like all liars he forgets what he has told.

gb155 said:
And an IDIOT !

So you are all Naive Pharmstrong fans?

Landis hasn't really said anything we didn't already know. I can't believe that people still think Lance is the "good guy".

yello

meenaghman said:
Why is Landis saying this ? He knows that a good way of getting an investigation into the USPS cycling team is to get the Feds and IRS involved.

I thought the Feds were involved already. Precisely, as you say, because USPS was state funded and there was concern that public funds were used to finance drug usage.

redddraggon said:
So you are all Naive Pharmstrong fans?

Landis hasn't really said anything we didn't already know. I can't believe that people still think Lance is the "good guy".

No. My views are nothing to do with Armstrong and everything to do with Landis.
I'm sick of hearing him trying to deflect attention from the fact that he is a proven drugs cheat and hearing his weak attempts to drag others down with him. The more he does it the sadder he looks. He should just shut up and go away. I'm not an Armstrong fan either, and, like many, suspect that he's probably one step ahead of the game detection-wise. But, unlike the Landis' case, there's no proof re Armstrong at present.

Top Bottom