flu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
I went to bed Friday night feeling rough , under the weather, sore throat etc, I woke up Saturday morning feeling like shite, went straight back to sleep for about an hour then the sneezing and coughing started like nothing ive had before.

I tried to get out of bed a couple of hours later only unbeknown to me , someone had sawed of my legs and replaced them with something that resembled my legs but was actually made of rubber or jelly, I hit the floor like a bag of sh!t, mrs roadrash helped me back to bed and there I stayed drifting in and out of sleep sneezing and coughing .

I have just got out of bed for the first time and feel as weak as a kitten , or maybe a bit weaker, coming downstairs was a bit silly as I am only going to have to go back up shortly , honestly it has completely worn me out. .

I will be thinking of getting a flu jab in future, oh and thanks @classic33 for the message , seems you was right .

I had flu 2 years ago and felt like hell for many montns :hugs: hope you soon start to improve.

I went to bed Friday night feeling rough , under the weather, sore throat etc, I woke up Saturday morning feeling like shite, went straight back to sleep for about an hour then the sneezing and coughing started like nothing ive had before.

I tried to get out of bed a couple of hours later only unbeknown to me , someone had sawed of my legs and replaced them with something that resembled my legs but was actually made of rubber or jelly, I hit the floor like a bag of sh!t, mrs roadrash helped me back to bed and there I stayed drifting in and out of sleep sneezing and coughing .

I have just got out of bed for the first time and feel as weak as a kitten , or maybe a bit weaker, coming downstairs was a bit silly as I am only going to have to go back up shortly , honestly it has completely worn me out. .

I will be thinking of getting a flu jab in future, oh and thanks @classic33 for the message , seems you was right .
I hope you start to feel better soon.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Your ill if it stops you when you only earn when your working
I had to crawl across the floor to call in sick and I couldn't stand up to use the phone - I had to pull it down to me by its cord!

After I crawled back across the room I threw up in the bucket next to my bed. The one I'd placed there when I feared that I wouldn't be able to get to the bathroom in time in an emergency.

Forget self-employment - I wouldn't have been interested if you'd told me there was a bag on my doorstep containing £20,000 in used fivers! :laugh:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I've had proper flu twice, both followed the same pattern. Three days of sweating shaking and shivering in bed with muscles aching like buggery. Then managing to get out of bed and feeling like crap for a few more days. Can't say I remember any prolonged weakness.

If anyone is stood up before you telling you they have flu, they don't.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I thought i was having a tough time with this near fatal splinter :ohmy:

Lullabelle

Banana
I've had proper flu twice, both followed the same pattern. Three days of sweating shaking and shivering in bed with muscles aching like buggery. Then managing to get out of bed and feeling like crap for a few more days. Can't say I remember any prolonged weakness.

If anyone is stood up before you telling you they have flu, they don't.

As I deal with employee hours I get to see the return to work sheets, it is amazing how many people have flu for 1 day :dry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As I deal with employee hours I get to see the return to work sheets, it is amazing how many people have flu for 1 day :dry:
I had a chat with the MD at my last job. He said it was amazing how often certain employees were getting ill on Thursday nights and getting better on Monday nights. Nothing to do with giving themselves a 4-day weekend, of course ... :whistle:

(He was astute and kept an eye on that kind of thing. There would be 'consequences' once he had proof of their malingering!)

Lullabelle

Banana
I had a chat with the MD at my last job. He said it was amazing how often certain employees were getting ill on Thursday nights and getting better on Monday nights. Nothing to do with giving themselves a 4-day weekend, of course ... :whistle:

(He was astute and kept an eye on that kind of thing. There would be 'consequences' once he had proof of their malingering!)

One lad is particular always seemed to get ill on the day or just after the day we got paid :dry:

Top Bottom