flu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went to bed Friday night feeling rough , under the weather, sore throat etc, I woke up Saturday morning feeling like shite, went straight back to sleep for about an hour then the sneezing and coughing started like nothing ive had before.

I tried to get out of bed a couple of hours later only unbeknown to me , someone had sawed of my legs and replaced them with something that resembled my legs but was actually made of rubber or jelly, I hit the floor like a bag of sh!t, mrs roadrash helped me back to bed and there I stayed drifting in and out of sleep sneezing and coughing .

I have just got out of bed for the first time and feel as weak as a kitten , or maybe a bit weaker, coming downstairs was a bit silly as I am only going to have to go back up shortly , honestly it has completely worn me out. .

I will be thinking of getting a flu jab in future, oh and thanks @classic33 for the message , seems you was right .

classic33

Leg End Member
Just don't do too much, or try doing too much.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
upload_2018-11-21_12-1-23.png

pawl

Legendary Member
I went to bed Friday night feeling rough , under the weather, sore throat etc, I woke up Saturday morning feeling like shite, went straight back to sleep for about an hour then the sneezing and coughing started like nothing ive had before.

I tried to get out of bed a couple of hours later only unbeknown to me , someone had sawed of my legs and replaced them with something that resembled my legs but was actually made of rubber or jelly, I hit the floor like a bag of sh!t, mrs roadrash helped me back to bed and there I stayed drifting in and out of sleep sneezing and coughing .

I have just got out of bed for the first time and feel as weak as a kitten , or maybe a bit weaker, coming downstairs was a bit silly as I am only going to have to go back up shortly , honestly it has completely worn me out. .

I will be thinking of getting a flu jab in future, oh and thanks @classic33 for the message , seems you was right .

If your legs are a problem try the Body Shop,May have some refurbished ones in stock

postman

Legendary Member
A couple of posts on my FB page where people now have flu and worse ony three weeks after the flu jab.This year i was unable to go due to being at the mother in laws,i am NOT going to have it.

Bodhbh

Guru
I do get annoyed by the sniffy nose " i've got flu and cant work today"
Good dose of self employment would sort them out.

So you can give it to all your customers? :whistle:

At one point I had the same opinion. I've had what I took to be proper flu once in my life and it was not in the same legue as any cold I've had.

However, one of my old jobs was for a company making quick tests for influenza. Basically, you'd stick a swab up your nose, stick it in a tube which would go into an instrument, and it would tell you if you had flu in about an hour. I did alot of a the grunt work validating the test for market, and I know it worked very well with hardly any false positives.

I wasn't really supposed to do it and it only happened a handful of times but now and then a member of staff who had been feeling rough, would slip me a sample and ask me to run the test when I had a minute. Three times out of five they came out postive, including one chap who had been in all week feeling bad. I suggested he might want to go home. Aside from giving it to everyone else, he could potential contaminate the production areas. Word got around and anyone feeling manfluey was told to stay at home.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear that RR, not that it will make you feel better but I have only had real flu twice, both times it was a fortnight in bed followed by a couple of months feeling below par, and for meta Ion, I was self employed at the time.

Top Bottom