Fluttery Things.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Is there some minor tournament involving a few countries from various parts of the world taking part? Or are the BNP making a late bid for votes?

TVC

Now that fuel is the most expensive it has ever been, petrol stations have devised a way of getting the stupid to buy attachments for their cars which completely screw up the fuel consumption, so selling more petrol - Genius I say!

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
The Velvet Curtain said:
Now that fuel is the most expensive it has ever been, petrol stations have devised a way of getting the stupid to buy attachments for their cars which completely screw up the fuel consumption, so selling more petrol - Genius I say!

Ah - I see. Sort of compensates for BP's clean-up costs in the Gulf.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I saw at least 10 'dead' ones on the side of the road on the way to work, a sad sight...

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I heard they were mandatory for motons? Apparently, the DVLA are reporting a wide number of cars with faulty mirrors (that don't reflect) and wiring errors in the indicators (routed to the horn).

Rather than face a backlash for recalling all the affected vehicles, they're allowing the owners to 'flag' the issue to other road users through use of pennants.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
twentysix by twentyfive said:
.........sticking out from cars. What's all that about then? Am I missing something? :biggrin: :ohmy: :biggrin:

Its a new government initiative to mark out the poorest drivers on the UK's roads.
The flags will usually be seen on an old saloon with usually at least one scraped,dented panel or bumper and the radio turned up so loud you can hear it four streets away.
Upon seeing the said vehicle give it lots of room.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously though - I can't wait till the football starts, the roads will be very quiet.:rofl:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
What this thread needs is a pole.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
One of my neighbours has 6 on one car and 2 on the other one... though I have to say he does own more bikes than cars (though maybe not than flags).

Mac66

This seems to have coincided with a profusion of adverts for wide screen HD televisions and the wearing of red/white tops. What's it all about? Are they linked?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Careful its a Dr Who invasion of monsters where they try to control you through the TV, clothing and turn you into a zombie who will occasionally become very animated before subsiding back into a self induced trance like state - be very careful what liquids you consume!. The fluttery things indicate those who are already infected - avoid at all costs unless you wish to succombe to the same alien invasion.

Top Bottom