Flying ants......have you got them yet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
On Saturdays walk I had the 1st sightings PLUS one down my right ear.......'orrible.
Apparently, if its warm and humid enough they can swarm from July to September.
OK, they are harmless but its unpleasant if you walk or cycle through a large swarm.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yeah they're everywhere. I've never seen so many

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I thought I saw a sentence on that new fangled interwebby thing to the effect that the met office rain radar had spotted mahoosive clouds of them. Not enough birds about to take advantage these days :sad:
Also they flew from my driveway the other day. Little b*gg*rs are undermining it. Nevertheless while all the other ants nest in the garden are happily doing there thing I would like to stop that particular one.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had to abandon my usual sunbathing bench in the local park on Saturday due to flying and walking ants. They were crawling all over the floor under the bench. As soon as i took my sandals off they attacked my feet!:ohmy: Funnily enough,as i looked an hour later they'd all disappeared. I notice non flying ants have nested in and around the flower holder metal pot thingy on my grandparents grave. I picked it up the other week to change the flowers and they attacked my hands!:ohmy: Although slightly annoying i won't harm them as it's just nature i suppose.

gbb

Legendary Member
Oh gawl, i suppose i will have the wife dancing around with a boiling kettle as soon as they appear. Every bloomin year she throws a fit because theyre pouring out from the slabs in the garden...leave the bl00dy things alone, one day and theyll be gone, i say it every year, she never takes any notice :smile:

Proto

Legendary Member
Yep, loads in my kitchen, some down the back of the Aga,

On a slightly different tack, a couple off weeks back found loads of ants nests erupting in my lawn (well, green stuff). Meadow ants. Never seen them on the lawn before but must have been a dozen or so nests dotted about. Is there a time of year when they all decide to make an appearance?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If it gets any worse we might see these appearing as pets.🤔

1626738568331.png

https://www.thesprucepets.com/pet-anteaters-4110164

Top Bottom