Flying ants......have you got them yet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yep, loads in my kitchen, some down the back of the Aga,

On a slightly different tack, a couple off weeks back found loads of ants nests erupting in my lawn (well, green stuff). Meadow ants. Never seen them on the lawn before but must have been a dozen or so nests dotted about. Is there a time of year when they all decide to make an appearance?
Meadow ants ! Never heard of them. I will now use Mr Google ^_^

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s flying ant day at Château Beebo.
Ruining a nice afternoon in the garden.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not yet, but the lawn keeps heaving up and down so I'm sure they'll burst out like the alien did in the film, Alien!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Hundreds of the blighters emerged from behind the skirting board in our living room yesterday. We get them every year. Lasts a couple of days then they're gone.

Hundreds of the blighters emerged from behind the skirting board in our living room yesterday. We get them every year. Lasts a couple of days then they're gone.

Bleagh!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

that's what i used to get in my kitchen.

Quite inaccessible unless you're an ant as there was only a narrow gap about 3mm... so fashioned a funnel from some rolled up drawing paper and shoved as much ant powder as i could down behind/below the skirting using a steel rule to feed it through bit by bit. That was about 8 years ago. Wish I'd done it when i moved in, 20 years ago.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Always had nests under the front door-step, under some planters, and in the lawn. Been that way for over 20 years.

This year is very mysterious, there's an occasional ant but I can't find any nests!

Top Bottom