Flying The Flag For Lancashire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
For the last few winters I have from time to time take to flying a small flag from the back of my commuter bike with the idea of it making me more noticeable the back lights illuminate it viewed from the side as it flaps around and lit up from the back but its too thin to block the lights ,plus I rather like the way it flaps around in the wind ,bike speed is just the right speed to make it fly properly and being in the county town of Lancashire (Lancaster) I thought the Lancashire flag was appropriate and a bit of fun too ,no idea what it looks like from behind maybe no ones even noticed it ,but in my mind at least it seems to work .
DSC01410[1] (2).JPG

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 441256 For the last few winters I have from time to time take to flying a small flag from the back of my commuter bike with the idea of it making me more noticeable the back lights illuminate it viewed from the side as it flaps around and lit up from the back but its too thin to block the lights ,plus I rather like the way it flaps around in the wind ,bike speed is just the right speed to make it fly properly and being in the county town of Lancashire (Lancaster) I thought the Lancashire flag was appropriate and a bit of fun too ,no idea what it looks like from behind maybe no ones even noticed it ,but in my mind at least it seems to work . View attachment 441253
You using the correct coloured flag?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I was in a pub in Swansea years ago when a student. Went in lounge as no staff in bar. Me and mate both in jeans and Levi's jacket had Yorkshire rose on sleeve. He said "Do you lads want to be next door"? Till he saw Yorkshire rose then said he'd have all round the pub if locals would let him. He was from Leeds.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Yeh its the new Lancashire flag the old one being a white back ground , I did take the Lancs red rose over the border near Settle once and got back alive ,even wrote a story about it to Cycling UK Mag but they never published it ,I guess the editor must have been a Yorkshire man , maybe I should hope no one can see it after all .

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My parents extracted themselves from Lancashire before I was born, but I still think of myself as lancastrian to some extent. I suppose county flags are less obnoxious than country flags. I'm still allergic to them, though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Why would a type of hotpot have its own flag?

It's the flag of Sarah Lancashire. It's planted on her summit by those who've climbed her.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeh its the new Lancashire flag the old one being a white back ground, I did take the Lancs red rose over the border near Settle once and got back alive, even wrote a story about it to Cycling UK Mag but they never published it ,I guess the editor must have been a Yorkshire man , maybe I should hope no one can see it after all .
How'd thi escape?
Border security and all that.

Top Bottom