FNRttC FNRtC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
DZ declined to Sherpa for me on the grounds that I should be setting an example and it was my own bloody choice anyway having a backpack not wanting to litter up The Rube with un-necessaries
Am I seeing the setting of a precedent that will apply for the ride from Cherbourg to a certain chateau next summer? Just sayin like.

Tim Hall

AGENT HILDA STOP THANK YOU FOR YR MESSAGE STOP YOU OMITTED TO SAY HOW MANY STICKS OF LIPSTICK WERE USED STOP OTHER THAN THAT AN EXCELLENT REPORT STOP KTHXBAI

StuartG

slower but further
stf_62.jpg

And I think a few of us have much to thank 'French' Michael for ...

Perhaps they could extend the Gatwick Cycleway ...

tdf_2012_05.jpg
Widen it too...:whistle:

Stuart, I've used one of your photos in my blog post - hope you don't mind!

Thanks Simon for organising the trip. Also thanks to the riders, for the company and chats.

Photos are here: MyPhotos
Blog post is here: MyBlog

Laurent, here is one for you:
IMG_6580.JPG

Saint Laurent Chapel in Eu​

Els - how did you get across the pipe?
That pipe was huge, higher than myself. The ditch was probably twice the height/depth. There was no way I could jump in and try to lift my bike up to the other bank. Even if I had managed it, I could not have got over the pipe.

In the photo, the pipe is endless, but looking the other way, I could see an apparent ending point. So I walked towards that point and yes, the pipe and ditch came to an end. I walked across and through a potato field on the other side to get back on 'track'.

Would that be an oil pipe? Huge, and very clinically put in place.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Gas? There's a monster gas pipe that goes under our route to Whitstable. Weren't you tempted to ride down it?

Top Bottom