FNRttC banned from Gatwick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony

Tim, I do believe that George, who ran the cafe you are talking about, has passed it on to someone else. I also don't think that the cafe is big enough for a typical ride's size. I am going to have a look around Horley and the immediate area and see if I can scare up some interest. One idea I did have was to see whether it could be a bit of an "adventure" for the Scouts themselves to do the catering....

clivedb

Guru
Tony said:
One idea I did have was to see whether it could be a bit of an "adventure" for the Scouts themselves to do the catering....

Careful - we would all have to be CRB checked before we could take food off scouts...

Tim Hall

'Teef, don't give up the day job...

As it happens "the raggedy bunch benevolent souls" I had in mind were not FNRTTCers but people loosely connected with Scouts. Hmm. Might need to rephrase that, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, as Simon says, no need to do anything for ages, if at all.

Dreadnought

It seems this thread has gone a bit off topic already, so I'm adding my Gatwick woes too. Maybe some of the posters with familiarity of the area can help.

I was planning to cycle to Gatwick North Terminal as my return flight (2.30am) would leave me with an hour to wait for the next train to Three Bridges and I need to get some sleep before a wedding that day.

Unfortunately BAA tell me there is nowhere to leave non-motorised cycles at Gatwick without paying £60 for left luggage. I have also been informed that there are no cycle racks at Gatwick Airport train station. (Although the woman who answered the phone was sympathetic and promised to bring it up at their next meeting with BAA).

Can anyone suggest a nearby spot to lock up a low value bicycle without incurring the wrath of bomb disposal teams?

Tim Hall

Slightly confused over where you need to be and when. However:

Three Bridges is only a 10 minute ride, if that, from Gatwick. Straight up NCN 21, and it has the smoothest tarmac this side of a Teflon frying pan. Or at least bits of it do.

There are bike holder things underneath the South Terminal right by NCN 21. They're for airport worker use, but you must be able to lock a bike there surely.

Note that as of yesterday the inter terminal shuttle train thing was switched off for upgrade/replacement. Getting between the terminals is now done by bus. Don't know how a bike fits onto these, although a cycleable route should be possible given a it of faffing.

Dreadnought

Thanks Tim. Knowing there are bike racks under the South Terminal makes cycling feasible, even if I have to rely on the buses to get to the North Terminal.

Does anyone know if there are similar racks at the North Terminal?

Top Bottom