FNRttC - could it be a club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frank9755

Cyclist
There are two obvious solutions to the heap of £1 coins problem:

(i) Do it online with Paypal (and as an aside, if we wanted registration etc online, there are probably plenty of people out there who are knowledgeable and willing to help out setting up a suitable website).

(ii) Collect the money at the end.

...and no, I'm not carrying them, I've already got enough tools and spares to weigh me down!

The £1 coin problem - I was seeing it as a good opportunity to finally clear out my loose change drawer in 2011!
icon_twisted.gif

I haven't contributed much because the majority of what I write struggles to be sensible - this may be no different. How would this pan out if the 'Saturdays' (Nothing happens on a Friday) Club was a charity? Would any better / other insurance deals for 3P coverage suddenly come to the fore? Quids could then go to Marlets / Dogs Trust / RNLI / Marie Curie etc on a rolling basis.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Leaving aside the typo from your Butterworth Spengler contact (should it be "would be covered.."?) Am I right in understanding this to mean if I as a non CTC member stump up a princely £12 pa I get affiliated to the CTC and can then point the way down Lonesome Lane with impunity? (By the way, the Big Hole at the junction with Lodge Lane has opened up again).

Or will my having third party insurance (either through the Tandem Club or my household insurance) give me that pleasure?
[/color][/size][/font]

a) yes
b) I don't know - only the Tandem Club and the household insurance company could give you that

I'm not entirely surprised that the Big Hole has opened up. No Geotextile. I remember saying to the Surrey County Council bod - 'you know more about this than me' - and then turning to Cobbett on roadmaking in the Weald......

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I haven't contributed much because the majority of what I write struggles to be sensible - this may be no different. How would this pan out if the 'Saturdays' (Nothing happens on a Friday) Club was a charity? Would any better / other insurance deals for 3P coverage suddenly come to the fore? Quids could then go to Marlets / Dogs Trust / RNLI / Marie Curie etc on a rolling basis.
I think we're talking about tiny sums, but Greg has been kind enough to put me in touch with a broker who insures charities. I could ask.

The big deal is Tuesday night when I bust in to the Lambeth LCC meeting (and, possibly, get thrown out on my ear).

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I live in Lambeth.

yhpm presently....

Top Bottom