FNRttC - new London startpoint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
The FNRttCs are awesome to the rest of us who don't have a jot of admin to do, can turn up in time for the Safety Talk, to then laugh all the way to the Coast, in a smug "we can relax and enjoy the ride cos we're in good hands, this is an FNRttC" sort of way.

Although though I've done all of two, well one and a half, FNRttC's I felt safe on them even when I was all by myself in the dark and that was all down to the fantastic organisation by DZ and the TECS and waymarkers on the way to the beach.

I don't really have any opinion on HPC other than it's easy for me to get to and most people have some idea of where it is. However, when I did the Southend ride the other week I was waiting with Deptford Marmoset at the gates to the park for a while as neither of us realised that the ride left from the big roundabout opposite and had we not crossed the road we may still be standing there wondering where everyone is :tongue:

TimO

Guru
I'm a bit late to this thread, but it's taking me several days to read through it in it's entirety (and tonight I'm backing up about 6.5TBytes of data to some external USB2 drives, so I've got a lot of spare time!)

HPC does have a certain something, but both directions that we use to leave are a bit of a hassle. Leaving southwards for Brighton, Bognor etc does give me a chance to use my rear light "laser of deth" to stop the traffic however. ^_^

I think that it's certainly worth trying out a few other locations, and conceivably a different location appropriate to the destination could be used each month. The down side of using different start locations, is that inevitably some people won't read the emails and will turn up to the wrong location (and I really hope this never turns out to be me!)

Whilst arguably HPC is a little bit remote and quiet, that's why there's enough space for 100+ cyclists to hang around for half an hour, and then leave without mowing down too many pedestrians.

Top Bottom