FNRttC Southwold - Now Closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rvw

Guru
the route goes through the brewery.
And you expect the entire ride to emerge at the other side?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if anybody on the first ride would like to transfer to the second ride - let me know, please

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You might be lucky - I might do as well as I did last time I tried to find a pub with some cyclists in it...

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Booked on the 1909 for the first ride & the 1843 for the second one (obviously I'll be quicker for that one!)

StuartG

slower but further
Hi DZ - the weekend cottage fell through so - I booked the 18:49 ex Darsham for £5.30 with railcard - bargain for 122 miles. Tempted to buy one the other way and save on ferries :rolleyes:

Should leave enough time for the Adnams to fix the thighs. Those 8 miles may be the hardest bit on the day ...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Booked on the 1649- I've got a further 90 minute journey to get home afterwards so I don't want to be heading off too late.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Likewise on the 16.49. I am wondering whether I will have sorted out my neck pains in time for this, or whether I'll be needing one of them funny lying down bikes, which of course will be fun for getting on and off them boats.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
a full recce yesterday, which I found surprisingly hard work, made harder by an hour and fifty minute wait for the ferry at Harwich. No surprises, just full on enjoyment.

Strip everything off your bikes that you don't need. Absolutely everything. You don't want anything taken out of you on the hilly bit at Brentwood, and I don't want to have people waiting at the top. Remember also that you have to carry your bikes quite a way on this trip. Be really careful about your clothing - it needs to be light, but you need flexibility. And pray for a following wind.

Top Bottom