FNRttC Southwold - Now Closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
2613466 said:
It involves three ferry crossings and the capacities of the boats dictate a maximum viable number to avoid lengthy waiting around.

I see, interesting, I did not know that.

U

User10571

I see, interesting, I did not know that.
FYI info, as a general / loosely implemented practice.....
The number of riders on the Whitstable (and other ferry-free rides) is also 'capped', based on the max number of riders the half-way stop or destination can cater for - whichever of the two is the lesser, obvs :smile:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Eek. The Santana has a couple of damaged spokes at the back. I'm hoping one of the shops in Guildford can refit our spare spokes and retrue the wheel before Friday - otherwise I'll either have to do it myself on a hastily arranged day off on Friday or we'll be on the Thorn and bringing up the rear.

Don't ask how it happened - suffice it to say that there are some things that should never be put in proximity. SPD pedals and spokes are two of them.

andyman

Occasional tandemista
Looks like I will be catching up with you lovely peeps a week earlier than originally planned, see you in Felixstowe :smile:

.... or we'll be on the Thorn and bringing up the rear.

Well, possibly, as I'm alone so no Jo and no tandem to be even further behind you guys!

Reactions: srw

srw

We have a wheel. The bike will be reassembled after lunch.

rvw

Guru
Bike now fully reassembled, fettled and tested (OK, twice round the close isn't much...) Bike bag sorted in case for when we have to disassemble it to blag our way get onto a train home.

Tea being prepared, along with bacon butties to keep us going through the night.

srw

We left Southwold at 20 past 3, taking a taxi with the bits of our bike in its boot to Darsham railway station. I'd just sunk my third pint, and was congratulated by @theclaud for drinking quickly. Maybe she was telling me something. We were home by 7:30 after a simple journey (although the grandmother of the child in the train between Ipswich and London was mildly tiresome) and fell asleep shortly after inhaling fish and chips.

Top Bottom