FNRttC syndication

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

It still is - Stu and I were just saying Clanfield and points west of the A3 would be preferable. If you stay east of the A3 it sort of pushes you towards Havant.....

...and miss the delights of The George at Finchdean :ohmy:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ping CharlieB and StuAff

if you could make enquiries at a seafront cafe then I'd be grateful.

I've got it down to a fairly swift* 74 miles - so it might be as early as 5.45, although we could kill some time at the Petersfield services on the A3

*Includes two short sections of the six-lane A3, one of which we've done before a few times

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
ping CharlieB and StuAff

if you could make enquiries at a seafront cafe then I'd be grateful.

I've got it down to a fairly swift* 74 miles - so it might be as early as 5.45, although we could kill some time at the Petersfield services on the A3

*Includes two short sections of the six-lane A3, one of which we've done before a few times

Will do.

OP
OP
T
Cleethorpes Cherries! I think the OP just lit the blue Touche-paper and stood well back!

I admit it may look a bit like that, but it seem there is an interest in non-London departures.

Would you like the CC Ecosse massive to do a recce on any route like the Edinburgh-Dundee one? If so what would we be looking out for and taking notes on. One would expect such a ride to be at a slower pace as things are explored and noted.

frank9755

Cyclist
Too long, of course. But I reckon DZ will go for Swindon to Fishguard. He loves the Gwaun Valley. Send him a PM...

What about Aberystwyth?
whistling.gif

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
What about Aberystwyth?
whistling.gif
there's nothing to stop anybody organising a night ride to Aberystwyth, but it's not going to fly as an FNRttC unless someone really does take it on in a big way - it's just too remote, both by road and by train. In fairness both Claudine and Mike E pretty much put the package together - start, finish, route, halfway stop, and both of them drummed up a lot of local support. If somebody were to say 'yes, here's the route, here's the railway timetable, here's the halfway stop, and here's our target number of which such-and-such would be homegrown', then I'd give it a go - in 2013.

I think, however, that getting a local turnout of (say) 25 would be hard work.

Touche - as far as Edinburgh to Dundee is concerned - if CC Ecosse want to do that or something similar then go right ahead. I'm sniffing around Bridge of Earn for a halfway stop, and if I find something I'll get back to you. If, between us, we can put together a package (I know a lot of the roads round there, and I'm pretty confident that a wonderful route can be found) then we'll have to work out whether it could be an FNRttC (with the benefit of the insurance cover) or not.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
A question

Manchester to Ribchester to Blackpool or Manchest to Ribchester to Morecambe?

- the ride from Ribchester to Blackpool is really quite sweet, and seven or so miles shorter than the ride to Morecambe. MRB is 55 miles, MRM is 62
- Morecambe is only a few miles from Lancaster, which has direct trains, but the trains might be more expensive (except for McShroom)
- Blackpool's seafront was a bit of a disappointment, but, surely to goodness, it will have improved with new trams and the like
- Morecambe has, so I am told, unrivalled view of the Lake District

theclaud

Openly Marxist
A question

Manchester to Ribchester to Blackpool or Manchest to Ribchester to Morecambe?

- the ride from Ribchester to Blackpool is really quite sweet, and seven or so miles shorter than the ride to Morecambe. MRB is 55 miles, MRM is 62
- Morecambe is only a few miles from Lancaster, which has direct trains, but the trains might be more expensive (except for McShroom)
- Blackpool's seafront was a bit of a disappointment, but, surely to goodness, it will have improved with new trams and the like
- Morecambe has, so I am told, unrivalled view of the Lake District

Morecambe. Potted shrimps on toast for breakfast.

Quagga

Almost extinct
Morecambe also has the statue of Eric down at the beach which is not to be missed.
There's also a really lovely art deco hotel with fantastic views, but I suspect their restaurant/cafe is a bit too sophisticated for yellow/brown beer and breakfasts

Overall though it beats Blackpool hands down

Top Bottom