FNRttC to Brighton March 9th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Could have been me - although I'm fat and 39..... Riding a kaffenback which until it goes into flash summer mode is stock (ie black kit rather than the brown leather it's going to have)

Which one is Burntwood lane? The crossroads at the top of the common? I turn left and then a quick right to go down by the prison.

Crossroads at the top with Trinity Rd. School playing fields on the left and a mini roundabout. Then it goes downhill, with a dodgy part-segregated cycle lane. Across another small RAB and down to a T junction, with Garret Lane at the bottom.

Could well have been me - about 7? I turn off Burntwood onto Sandgate Lane, little cycle lane round the back of the bowls club and onto Lyrford Road down past the prison and cut through down to Wandsworth, not a fan of Garret Lane so try and avoid it where possible (on the way home I'm on it for a k or so before turning up Allfarthing Lane.

I had to look up most of the names of the roads though, I know them by shops/pubs/junctions etc.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
A track I opened my radio show last night with, only for the reason that it charted exactly 50 years ago this week -
Sam Cooke - twisting the night away
When I played it, I realised I hadn't heard it for a long long while, and forgotten what a great song it is.
(Wasn't it in the soundtrack to Innerspace, over the closing credits?)

Shame it wasn't 5am Cooke, Charlie - could be dedicated to Greg &Co at The Madeira! :smile:

Top Bottom