FNRttC to Brighton March 9th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I do think it's slightly unnecessary for you to freewheel Up the Beacon!!! (Jealousy will get me nowhere!)^_^

There seem to be entire sections where nobody is pedalling, which is rather nice. If we could all just agree on a regulation FNRttC cadence, and make that divisible by 24, 25, or 30, there'd be no need for anyone to ever appear to push :smile: Two things that occur to me in the morning:

- I like how the cyclists are the only real things. Everything else is very transient background.
- I move my head around a lot more once the sun gives me other things to look at :smile:

Always a pleasure to ride with you all.

thom

____
..and we're there. Hooray. The motion is much smoother than my previous efforts, mainly due to having somewhere around 1,125 times as many source frames than I usually do. The neat thing, I think, is that with the frames being that much closer together in subject, you can reduce the amount of time given over to each frame. It used to look manic if I any more than 10 fps. Now I'm using 60. (This may be the coffee talking... still stuck in the office).

What application did you use for the processing btw ? Very cool.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Ah, you've stumbled upon the main cause of concern. The ever diminishing number of tunes I can borrow. The back catalogue is almost exhausted. Fortunately things like youtube and spotify make it a lot easier to find new ones. From recent memory, I've used:

The Martlet (Duncan Browne), Madeira M'dear (Jody Applebaum), Madeira (Claudio Ranalli), Midnight Train (Sam Hill), Long Hard Climb (Maria Muldaur), Southend On Sea (Cockerel Chorus), Just a Ride (Jem), Seaside Rendezvous (Queen), Friday Night, Saturday Morning (The Specials), Brighton Hill (Jackie DeShannon), Peter Cushing (lives in whitstable) - the cast of QI / The Jellybottys, By the light of the Silvery Moon (Mrs. Mills), Night Flying (Spitfire), Bicycle (The Jellydots), July July July July (Billy Paul), Happy Birthday (Weird Al), Hap, Hap, Happy Birthday (Parry Grip), Hip Hop Birthday (Simon edition) Ein Lied Fur Dich, Fireflies (Owl City), Rain Rain Rain (Frankie Laine), and many more.

The thing is, the more I use my bike, the less time I spend in petrol stations. The less time I spend in petrol stations, the less opportunity to pick up budget compilations of (frankly awful) music just because track 14 happens to have the word 'moon', 'friday', or 'night' in the title :smile:

What application did you use for the processing btw ? Very cool.
Following Mikey's contribution to a commuting thread recommending QuickTimePro, most of this was done with that. First time out with the software, so I'm pleased with the result. The original clips were 720p at 25fps. Extracted as a scaled down image sequence at 1fps. Opened as a new image sequence at 60fps, timed to touch 5 minutes. The audio was tempo corrected using SoundBooth until it matched the footage. MP4 version was just over 16GB. QT version is 1GB. QT for web version is 500mb. Youtube version is heavily compressed.

Andy.

Tim Hall

From recent memory, I've used:

The Martlet (Duncan Browne), Madeira M'dear (Jody Applebaum), Madeira (Claudio Ranalli), Midnight Train (Sam Hill), Long Hard Climb (Maria Muldaur), Southend On Sea (Cockerel Chorus), Just a Ride (Jem), Seaside Rendezvous (Queen), Friday Night, Saturday Morning (The Specials), Brighton Hill (Jackie DeShannon), Peter Cushing (lives in whitstable) - the cast of QI / The Jellybottys, By the light of the Silvery Moon (Mrs. Mills), Night Flying (Spitfire), Bicycle (The Jellydots), July July July July (Billy Paul), Happy Birthday (Weird Al), Hap, Hap, Happy Birthday (Parry Grip), Hip Hop Birthday (Simon edition) Ein Lied Fur Dich, Fireflies (Owl City), Rain Rain Rain (Frankie Laine), and many more.

Wot? No Flanders and Swann?

Following Mikey's contribution to a commuting thread recommending QuickTimePro, most of this was done with that. First time out with the software, so I'm pleased with the result. The original clips were 720p at 25fps. Extracted as a scaled down image sequence at 1fps. Opened as a new image sequence at 60fps, timed to touch 5 minutes. The audio was tempo corrected using SoundBooth until it matched the footage. MP4 version was just over 16GB. QT version is 1GB. QT for web version is 500mb. Youtube version is heavily compressed.

Andy.

(reaches for beige cardigan and slippers)

Top Bottom