Focus bikes from Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mobin2012

Hi folks ,

Who knows focus bikes? as far as I know they are German made ....Could we compare them with bikes from Scott , Giant , Cube , Cannondale ?

How much reputation they have nowadays?

Your help would be really appreciated

rivers

How far can I go?
My sister-in-law has had a focus for years. She loves it

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum. ^_^

Focus are a well respected brand but not made in Germany, just based there, made in the Far East as most are these days so could have come out of the same factory as Giant, Cube etc so more comparable than you might think or the ad men might have you believe.
The best way to compare is to look at specs and read reviews and if you could straddle the saddle that would be the decider.
Nowadays all major manufacturers have a good reputation which they need to maintain in a fiercely competitive market. Look at warranties too to see how much faith brands have in their products.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi folks ,

Who knows focus bikes? as far as I know they are German made ....Could we compare them with bikes from Scott , Giant , Cube , Cannondale ?

How much reputation they have nowadays?

Your help would be really appreciated
Yes :okay:

As above the company is German, the components and frames aren't. They might be assembled in Germany perhaps, but certainly not made

Sharky

Guru
Have a Focus Culebro (Alu/Sram) for over 10 years. Very light and rigid and survived a major "off", which destroyed the wheels and handlebars, but the frame was very robust. Still my "summer" bike.

screenman

Legendary Member
Focus Cayo Ultegra here, a very nice well put together bit of kit that has been trouble free for 4 years, not one single adjustment has been needed since I took it out of the box.

Solocle

Über Member
1591956149322.png

2018 Ultegra Di2 Paralane, very nice bike to ride.

OP
OP
mobin2012

mobin2012

Thanks guys for sharing your views with me ... 💙💙

Top Bottom