Foglight season is upon us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markemark

Über Member
It’s the rear ones I dislike more as they look like brake lights.

Slick

Guru
Always hated fog lights, but the rear are worse for me too.

I reckon its just something else we just need to get used to though as nobody else seems to care. :huh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Is it drivers that feel they have to hold their roof on via the wound down window during the summer that use fog lights all winter?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
On
I reckon its just something else we just need to get used to though as nobody else seems to care. :huh:

A local musician coming home to Tobermory from a gig at Craignure at about 0230 was pulled over by the traffic plods from Oban on a fundraising visit for using his fog lights with no fog. His excuse was that they were best for spotting deer on the road verge but it still cost him a fine.
Cannot remember how much and it was about 5 or 6 years ago at least.

Slick

Guru
A local musician coming home to Tobermory from a gig at Craignure at about 0230 was pulled over by the traffic plods from Oban on a fundraising visit for using his fog lights with no fog. His excuse was that they were best for spotting deer on the road verge but it still cost him a fine.
Cannot remember how much and it was about 5 or 6 years ago at least.

That's the first and only example im aware of, regarding anyone being fined for misuse of fog lights. Well done the Oban boys. :okay:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That's the first and only example im aware of, regarding anyone being fined for misuse of fog lights. Well done the Oban boys. :okay:

He told me that he met only a couple of cars and turned off the fog lights when they approached. Naturally he thought it very unfair and plod had been parked in a spot invisible to him approaching. They used to come over for a weekend now and again, create havoc and then depart with loads of dosh.
They did nothing for respect for the law.

Gwylan

Veteran

Then there's always the twerp in the persisting down rain with no lights at all.

We are such a diverse lot.

Slick

Guru
He told me that he met only a couple of cars and turned off the fog lights when they approached. Naturally he thought it very unfair and plod had been parked in a spot invisible to him approaching. They used to come over for a weekend now and again, create havoc and then depart with loads of dosh.
They did nothing for respect for the law.

I used to laugh at that excuse from some once they had been caught speeding or some other offence.

Yeah, big jam sandwich piloted by a 6 footer wearing a high vis jacket. :dry:

Slick

Guru
Then there's always the twerp in the persisting down rain with no lights at all.

We are such a diverse lot.

Mrs Slick sent me a picture recently of a car that drove off a reasonably straight stretch of road. When she went to speak with the driver, she claimed that during an overtaking maneuver (that she had no right to attempt) she became aware of a driver coming towards her with no lights on.

I remain sceptical

IMG-20231016-WA0000.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I used to laugh at that excuse from some once they had been caught speeding or some other offence.

Yeah, big jam sandwich piloted by a 6 footer wearing a high vis jacket. :dry:

Hiding behind a hedge.

Different scenario.
My wildlife pal lives a couple of miles out of town and on a weekend night took his car down to the pub but walked back home. Frequently the local boys saw him walking and gave him a lift. Proactive policing?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I actually put my fog lights on, on Halloween for the last 200 yards to our house. There were so many kids, I was driving really slowly, so thought the extra lights would help the kids/parents see the light on the road - still had to be very slow up our road to the house. Great to see the kids enjoying themselves, but given the distractions and loads of parked cars on road/pavement....

Top Bottom