Folders and the Yorkshire Coastliner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In theory, all buses operated by the major companies allow small folded bikes on (20inch or less wheel double-fold, that sort of thing), but you get the occasional driver who is a nobber.

...... but you get the occasional driver who is a nobber.
Not with Coastliner, I suspect. Damned good drivers, whether you're a passenger or on a bike.

And not averse to calling in an off-duty driveror two from the golf course when they suddenly need an extra bus running from Malton to Leeds. :smile:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not with Coastliner, I suspect. Damned good drivers, whether you're a passenger or on a bike.

And not averse to calling in an off-duty driveror two from the golf course when they suddenly need an extra bus running from Malton to Leeds. :smile:

Agreed - along with Harrogate & District, Yorkshire Coastliner drivers do seem a cut above the other bus company drivers around these parts. Without fail they're courteous and give me plenty of room when I'm out on the bike.

If your concerned that you might not be allowed aboard, why not print off a copy of the email to take with you?

... along with Harrogate & District, Yorkshire Coastliner drivers do seem a cut above the other bus company drivers around these parts. ...
Add Keighley and District to your list - they are similarly good on the road :smile:.

Funny - they're all the same company, Transdev Blazefield :smile:. And if one company can set that sort of corporate culture, why can't a few others?

I wouldn't dream of mentioning the Stagecoach Group; in fact, I will not say a word about the Stagecoach Group. Not one word.

Reactions: mjr

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I've taken the Brompton on the Arriva between Newcastle & Blyth quite a few times as the train doesn't run in the evenings, I've never had a problem at all. It might be a problem on a very busy bus at rush hour but if you put a cover on it's just a large parcel.

I would. Just one. Four letters. ;)
Your qualities of concise restraint are way beyond mine.

(Aye, but riding Hull may ............ test you! :whistle:)

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I've had my Brompton on Coastliners a couple of times; no problems. (And yes, I agree that the standard of driving is a notch higher than average).

I have the little Brompton 'cover' which weighs next to nothing and is easily carried in its little pouch. It really does nothing but make it less obvious there's a bike underneath it - all you need for most circumstances. I don't know if it'd fit other folders, but it wouldn't be hard to make a ripstop nylon cover to fit your bike.

Top Bottom