Follow me and add to the fun!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mekkman

Regular
Guys,

Why not follow me on my FB page "A ride for Jimmy" and add to the fun, camradeire and encouragement for this old codger to ride 70 miles in memory of his late best mate? I'm certainly NOT soliciting donations to my charity as none of you knew Jimmy or indeed me, I'm simply looking to add a bit of humour and advice to my FB page from you guys to get me through to the finish line - leave the donating to those who know me.

I've never peddled this far before and I'm starting my training this week so please do jump on the page and give me a push along with tips advice and general sarcastic banter (which I know your all good at), I need your help to encourage me to drag this old, knackered body across the Welsh coast back to Gods green acre, Liverpool !0)

So please do join me on my journey through to the 30th April when I'll be killing myself in memory of my oldest and closest friend, Jimmy Silker. https://www.facebook.com/groups/177936906135883/

Slick

Guru
Guys,

Why not follow me on my FB page "A ride for Jimmy" and add to the fun, camradeire and encouragement for this old codger to ride 70 miles in memory of his late best mate? I'm certainly NOT soliciting donations to my charity as none of you knew Jimmy or indeed me, I'm simply looking to add a bit of humour and advice to my FB page from you guys to get me through to the finish line - leave the donating to those who know me.

I've never peddled this far before and I'm starting my training this week so please do jump on the page and give me a push along with tips advice and general sarcastic banter (which I know your all good at), I need your help to encourage me to drag this old, knackered body across the Welsh coast back to Gods green acre, Liverpool !0)

So please do join me on my journey through to the 30th April when I'll be killing myself in memory of my oldest and closest friend, Jimmy Silker. https://www.facebook.com/groups/177936906135883/
Your right, I didn't know Jimmy, but we all have one. Best of luck on your training and trip when it comes, I'm sure it will be emotional.

I'll be glad to "follow" your progress. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

mekkman

Regular
Your right, I didn't know Jimmy, but we all have one. Best of luck on your training and trip when it comes, I'm sure it will be emotional.

I'll be glad to "follow" your progress. :thumbsup:

Many thanks Slick, I'll need all of the encouragement I can get. Cheers pal and welcome aboard.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I'm not on FB but good luck with your ride.
Depending upon your fitness starting point and of course the profile of the ride, a 70 mile ride in 10 weeks or so, should be feasible. You might not be ripping up trees on the ride, but a planned progression of rides and recovery, should get your legs and backside in a reasonable condition for a steady 70 miler.

davidphilips

Veteran
Fingers crossed for good weather, no bad drivers and a safe and pleasant cycle.

OP
OP
M

mekkman

Regular
Many thanks guys I really do appreciate you kind words and encouragement. I'll keep you up to speed here.

Top Bottom