Fond memories…..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
FF068065-0387-4D80-A785-14D3A5E9F0B8.jpeg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Not as bad walking into a tow bar

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Or clouting your nuts on the stem when you ride into a deep water-filled pothole at the end of your sister's street. [Note to self - exactly why is that pool of oily water there, and is it really a good idea to cycle into water that you can't see the bottom of?! :whistle:]

similar on the toptube after mislanding a ramp jump as a kid

a.twiddler

Veteran
It's one of the things that marks you out as a cyclist. Scarred shins and the chainring tattoo. Recumbent riders are less likely to be afflicted, but it can get you in other ways. When I was originally setting up the Linear, I was doing something to the chain, kneeling alongside, and turned round to reach for a tool on the floor. I headbutted the bear trap pedal which had slowly rotated towards me as I'd messed with the chain. It was extremely painful!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
DMR V8 pedals with the little studs that press into the sole of your shoe are absolute barstewards if you clout your shin with one.....

This - the modern 'flats' on many MTB's are lethal to shins, I don't know why so many ride flats. At least when a SPD pedal whacks you, you'll be sore, and possiblt break the skin, with the current flats, and the big pins they have, you will look you'ce been mauled by a tiger.

presta

Guru
I've used rat traps all my life, but I've also had toe clips for the last 50 years, and it's not really a problem then. I vaguely recall getting a whack before the clips though.
(I've only had two pairs of toeclips all my life, one pair of chrome ones that went rusty, and the pair of Christophe plastic ones that I've had for the last 42 years.)

markemark

Über Member
I use similar and it’s not happened in the last 15,000 miles I’ve used them since I took up cycling again.

Top Bottom