Fond memories…..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
To get away from the disasters we have had how about a nostalgic one I remember well.

93D07237-7944-4A88-807E-8FB77C157610.png

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Pedal related but not the same as the others... Riding a friend's bike and during a mid acceleration, already at speed, one of the pedals falling off, making me capsize like a sack of spuds onto the road at a great rate of knots (even as a kid I preferred using the hardest gear to get the maximum amount of traction, etc, so I was pushing down HARD).

It would not have been so bad, but there was a car behind us which had to brake pretty sharpish! 😱

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
The witches hat.😀 And those large swings that 6 or 8 of you could sit on. They must have weighed half a ton but strangely l can never recall any one being killed by one.

Edit: Something like these.

View attachment 685150

View attachment 685151

View attachment 685152
Can you imagine a childrens playground with one of those in now?

Someone appears to have lost/found an arm in the second picture. Doesn't appear to be attached to anyone.

Sharky

Guru
Combining, fond memories of seaside, with the latter posts here. Years ago, we were paddling on the Kent coast with some friends. My GF, now my wife stepped on a rusty bit of metal and cut her foot. We had to find the nearest A&E and she needed quite a few stitches to repair it. She still remembers it, more than 50 years ago.

Julia9054

Guru
Cultural misunderstanding = gravel rash.
Free wheeling down a hill on your friend's bike and discovering the existence of back-pedal brakes.
She didn't think to warn me as she did not know of the existence of bikes without them
Edited to add that I was visiting her in Germany in about 1980!

Last edited:
Top Bottom