Food poisoning ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
never had it fortunately, but do know it's can knock one out for a good few days/weeks/months

Globalti

Legendary Member
Got it in Pakistan by eating ice cream that had been allowed to melt. I had no idea the human body was capable of producing so much hot water, simultaneously from both ends. Back here I'd have been carted off and put on a drip, I reckon.

ChrisKH

Guru
Yep. Had a terrible case in Mexico 17-18 years ago. Lasted 4/5 days and it was a trigger for a (largely) inherited disease which lasted eight years and ended up nearly killing me.

Moral: Don't choose the Octopus Pizza.

I feel your pain!
I had this just yesterday - it was horrendous. I spent the whole day flat out in bed or on the loo/sink with both ends going at once - and I also got horrible limb aches and the shivers too ;)
I'm feeling a lot better today but I only want to eat wine gums and grapes and drink lucozade. The smell of food still makes me want to heave so I daren't go near the canteen where I work.

OP
OP
johnnyh

johnnyh

Veteran
yeah, just drinking water, have been through the shivers and such ;)

legs hurt, back hurts, ribs ache and head from hell... oh, and daytime tv sucks a fat one too!

Try some squash or something - the sugar will make you feel less crap. I had a few dry crackers at around 5pm which perked me up a bit too.

ChrisKH

Guru
Kirstie said:
I feel your pain!
I had this just yesterday - it was horrendous. I spent the whole day flat out in bed or on the loo/sink with both ends going at once - and I also got horrible limb aches and the shivers too :blush:
I'm feeling a lot better today but I only want to eat wine gums and grapes and drink lucozade. The smell of food still makes me want to heave so I daren't go near the canteen where I work.

My mother used to give this to me when I was sick as a child. Consequently, if I drink it now I feel quite ill.

Food poisoning or norovirus? I've had the latter and it's indistinguishable. The reason we knew it was norovirus was that several colleagues had it, and my wife wasn't ill despite eating the same foods as me.

I hope you feel better soon.

Top Bottom