Foot Pain after ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FetterSteve

I said in an earlier post that I had no pains after my first 20 mile ride but I forgot about my sore foot. When I got off the bike I could hardly walk due to pain in the outside edge of my right foot. It soon subsided and seems to have gone completely but had me a bit worried.

My initial thoughts were that perhaps my foot was being kept in a bad position by my SPD's and my pedaling style had cause the pain.

Anybody had anything similar or know of a solution?

screenman

Legendary Member
I have had the same thing for 20+ years and have never got it sorted, tried pedals, cleats, shoes, physio. chiropractor, osteopath, doctor and the list goes on. Changing seat height and making sure I let my ankle drop on each pedal stroke helps. On to of all this the wife is a Chiropodist and even they have no answer. It is something I have learned to live with.

Garz

Squat Member
Do you layer up on the socks or wear really thick ones?

To expand from Colin's post I would agree that being constricted wont make riding comfortable in the long term, I would check out your sizing again in case.

OP
OP
F

FetterSteve

I did have 2 pairs of socks on as I find that my Sealskinz are not very warm so I wore a thin pair under them. I 'll try without and see if it helps.

Thanks

Top Bottom