Football Liverpool FC spoiler!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Nah ! ;)

spen666

Legendary Member
Another Liverpool FC spoiler?

A bit like the 1985-1990 European Club campaigns for all English Clubs. They were spoilt for English clubs, by the behaviour of a certain club's fans.

Then we could mention 1989

Or what about the 2007 european Champions League Final and the behaviour of certain fans outside the stadium

Liverpool FC & spolier go together well.

PS Good result for them last night though, and for Arsenal & Celtic. Well done

Chris James

Über Member
Spen posting on a thread about Liverpool? What a surprise!

We COULD mention 1989, you are right. Though why you would want to use the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans as an arguing point defeats me. You always claim to have read the Taylor Report but it's conclusions seem to have eluded you.

To the original poster, Liverpool might have beatne the mighty Toulouse but Everton are top of the league!

Chris James

Über Member
Two.

(I always knew kopites can't count).

My crowing would no bounds if it was after 38 games, although I think we are all pretty safe in the knowledge that this is improbable*

* massive understatement

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

Chris James said:
Two.

(I always knew kopites can't count).

My crowing would no bounds if it was after 38 games, although I think we are all pretty safe in the knowledge that this is improbable*

* massive understatement

lol!

only a massive understatement?

Up the Toffees!!!!! not!

Chris James

Über Member
Yes, this year we might only finish above Liverpool like a couple of years ago.

Don't worry, you'll still get in the Champions League, they'll just change the rules again!

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

Chris James said:
Yes, this year we might only finish above Liverpool like a couple of years ago.

Don't worry, you'll still get in the Champions League, they'll just change the rules again!

what so the winners can defend their title!

Chris James

Über Member
Being the current champions didn't command an entry according to the rule book at the time. You had to qualify by being one of the best teams in your domestic league. Obviousy UEFA didn't concieve taht it was possible that, with all the money washing around the Champions League and the massive advantage playing in the competition thereby infers, a team might actually win the Champions League and yet not be good enough to qualify.

If it had been the case that someone like Sparta Prague had won then it is debatable whetehr the riules would have been chnaged. But with one of the G14 - and especially Liverpool - the rules were always going to be changed.

I'm sounding a bit like Spen here, but they have previous ...

Liverpool were banned for longer than the rest of the other English clubs after Heysel. Once the English ban was lifted (not the extended Liverpool ban), who was the first team to enter Europe from England?

Was it teh team that was denied entry to the European Cup by Liverpool fan's actions? No, it was Liverpool even though they were supposed to be banned longer than the rest!

How come Javier Mascherano was not allowed to play for West Ham due to third party interference but could play for Liverpool with the same third party ownership?

Anyway, good luck in the Premiership. It'll be nice to have both teams from Liverpool doing well in the league!

Top Bottom