Football Socks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I was rather impressed by the Edinburgh courier guy riding along George Street tonight with knee-lenth black-and-yellow-striped socks today. I think his long, slightly curly hair which had viking-style pigtails just topped he effect off.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Got some fluorescent football socks for the winter. ^_^

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
I wear football socks in the summer as they are comfortable and I have a fair few pairs.
In winter when not mega cold they are warmer than' normal' socks and fit nicely into whatever bottoms i am wearing.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Never wear football socks on my bike never - rugby socks however all the time.

Why - because I've got about 50 pairs so one is normally clean and it doesn't matter if they get wet/muddy and the little ankle socks have a mind of thier own and never stay where they are left.
Another vote for rugby socks - warm, comfortable, what's not to like ?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ski socks are good. It seems a pity not to wear them for 51 weeks of the year.

DMan001

A friend of mine regularly wears football socks to our sunday morning club ride! When I questioned him he mumbled something about keeping his calves warm. Maybe some people are just embarrassed to get out the bib tights and think the long songs are a more stylish alternative?

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
[QUOTE 721915, member: 1314"]...I figure I'm just commuting to work and not trying to pull a supermodel.[/QUOTE]You should always be trying to pull a supermodel. It should be a sort of default action as soon as you wake up. OK? ;)

ozboz

Guru
[QUOTE 4472733, member: 9609"]I first misread the thread title as "Football Sucks" I thought I would join in and agree.[/QUOTE]

So , you just joined in anyway !
Nice one ! :smile:
This is the autumn look !
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Roxy641

I would find football socks more useful now than I did when I wore them decades ago.

Don't understand the dislike for wearing them. I don't understand why people wear cycling gear, but I
would never make a post telling people that they shouldn't wear it. If it feels comfortable, wear it.

If I still had more football socks I would wear them.

Top Bottom