For a change.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only time I run is if there is a a football in front of me or if the wife is chasing me around the kitchen table.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I ran my 7 miles to work this morning, and i had no trouble with traffic!
You want to try it, it's so much safer! ^_^
I really wish I could run 7 miles...I have dodgy shins that cramp up in seconds when i run (shinsplits...splitshins...shitsplins..shippims... or something)

well done you.

can you swim...if so, I feel a triathlon coming your way soon

Ian Cooper

Expat Yorkshireman
Never mind, stick in at your work and you will soon be able to afford a car, they are much cheaper to run than some people claim.:whistle:

Hundreds of pounds a year in maintenance costs alone, plus fuel costs, all for a rolling coffin whose lifetime risk of death is nearly twice that of a bicycle?

You folks can do as you like. I'm sticking with my bike.

OP
OP
Trevrev

Trevrev

Veteran
Well, the run into work was a breeze, but i underestimated the run home!
Working, then running home with a rucksack full of dirty work clothes, then running up the bitch of a hill that was so nice to run down earlier in the day.
I slept well! LOL.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Well, the run into work was a breeze, but i underestimated the run home!
Working, then running home with a rucksack full of dirty work clothes, then running up the bitch of a hill that was so nice to run down earlier in the day.
I slept well! LOL.

Used to see a bloke that would run past my house, down station road, up spring road, over northam bridge, through the city centre and off down towards The Avenue (hospital end).. Dad's mate reckoned he'd seen him up by Oak hill a few times.

Always with a big army rucksack..

When I run to/ from work I've nearly been taken out a few times by cyclists flying out of blind bends!
That is as well as mp3 deaf peds, dogs, dog- walkers with trip wires etc?

One of these said cyclists cut up my inside as we both approached a corner, no warning bell or shout and he frightened the life out of me by shooting just past my elbow.
He works at my place and I had a serious chat with him the next day.
Funnily enough, I purposefully annoyed him this week by draughting him as per a post of mine.

caimg

Über Member
I really wish I could run 7 miles...I have dodgy shins that cramp up in seconds when i run (shinsplits...splitshins...shitsplins..shippims... or something)

well done you.

can you swim...if so, I feel a triathlon coming your way soon

Ditto :sad: up until a couple of years ago I did a 9k run every other day, now I can barely do a single k thanks to dodgy shins and a dodgy knee!

Top Bottom