For BFTB: some nice stories.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Bonj you're such a pessimist.

i have a couple. had an unplanned deflation on the way home from work, guy pulls up in his car to help. turned out i'm right outside his daughters, takes my wheel, changes tube, nips off to his daughters for a decent pump (mine was naff) and we have been good friends ever since. he told me where he lived and i pop in all the time to have a cuppa with him and his mrs. turned out he's a veteran road racer cyclist and very well known round these parts... so well known in fact, that someone had a proper road sign made and put up saying "Clive's House >" with a picture of a cup of tea on it... so the cyclists know where to stop off :sad:

have also been brought home by a couple in a jaguar after a bit of an accident. They didn't at all mind me sitting on their cream seats when i was covered in mud (had been mtb'ing)

and once when my phone rang and I stopped to take a call had 2 groups of about 30 cyclists stop to offer me their services!

rikki

Legendary Member
bonj said:
... You could have been an axe murderer for all they know!

I would like to combine my axe-murdering activities with my cycling, but the axe is just so obvious strapped to the frame.

Perhaps there are folding axes available for cyclists.

Don't suggest a mini axe. They can't cut it.

Top Bottom