For Sale Boardman CX Comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chess

IMG_20170815_160346789.jpg For sale:- Boardman CX Comp. Size:- 55cm. Huddersfield. See photos. Reduced to £380. O.v.n.o.
10 months old, but done less than 100 dry miles due to being diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees, so it's just been parked in the spare room.
It's been serviced and kept clean/polished. Will be sad to see it go but it needs riding.
Comes with original handbook.
Happy for any test ride if I hold your cash in my hand. Collection only. PM me on here if interested.
£380 o.v.n.o.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
They are a cracking bike. Use mine as my commuter with a rack and as my do it all utility bike and it's never let me down!

Has guard bosses front and back for full guards too. I have Halfords own brand on and they fit perfectly.

OP
OP
Chess

Chess

Yes mate, I agree. Unfortunately osteoarthritis in my knees and back means I can't ride it comfortably Had to get an upright hybrid. But at least I'm still peddling and getting out n about.
I'll be riding for as long as I am able no matter what it is.
I've loved the humble bicycle all my life. :bicycle:

OP
OP
Chess

Chess

View attachment 371430 For sale:- Boardman CX Comp. Size:- 55cm. Huddersfield. See photos. Reduced to £380. O.v.n.o.
10 months old, but done less than 100 dry miles due to being diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees, so it's just been parked in the spare room.
It's been serviced and kept clean/polished. Will be sad to see it go but it needs riding.
Comes with original handbook.
Happy for any test ride if I hold your cash in my hand. Collection only. PM me on here if interested.
£380 o.v.n.o.
Thanks all.
Reduced to £400. Cost me £650. No further reductions.

Last edited:

broady

Veteran
I think the problem is that it only saving £115 over a brand new one that comes with a full warranty.
I would put it on eBay as a buy it now for £500 or best offer for 30 days and see what offers come in.
Also put it on local cycling clubs Facebook pages too.

It looks a nice bike and would make a great commuter for someone and I wish you all the best with the sale

What is the spec on this? A mate might be interested, I think he was looking to swap his Boardman road bike for a CX, but maybe he would consider buying and then selling his. No promises though, but if you pass on the spec, I will let him know.

OP
OP
Chess

Chess

F.A.O. DooDah

Boardman CX Comp Bike
Performance and versatility are the words best used to describe the Boardman CX Comp Bike. Featuring a lightweight triple butted X7 alloy frame with Boardman's signature smooth welds, Shimano Sora 18 speed gearing and powerful, confidence inspiring Tektro Lyra disc brakes, the CX Comp proves one bike can do it all.

• Frame: Lightweight triple butted X7 aluminium frame with smooth welds along with rack and mudguard mounts
  • Forks: Aluminium bladed fork with cromo steerer for comfort and durability
  • Gears: 18 speed Shimano Sora provides smooth and precise gear selection
  • Brakes: Tektro Lyra mechanical road disc brakes with compressionless cables for controlled modulation and all weather stopping power
  • Wheels: Mavic XM-319 disc rims with Schwalbe Tyrago tyres for great grip on- and off-road
For geometry measurements see the bike on the Halfords website.
Cheers.

F.A.O. DooDah

Boardman CX Comp Bike
Performance and versatility are the words best used to describe the Boardman CX Comp Bike. Featuring a lightweight triple butted X7 alloy frame with Boardman's signature smooth welds, Shimano Sora 18 speed gearing and powerful, confidence inspiring Tektro Lyra disc brakes, the CX Comp proves one bike can do it all.

• Frame: Lightweight triple butted X7 aluminium frame with smooth welds along with rack and mudguard mounts
  • Forks: Aluminium bladed fork with cromo steerer for comfort and durability
  • Gears: 18 speed Shimano Sora provides smooth and precise gear selection
  • Brakes: Tektro Lyra mechanical road disc brakes with compressionless cables for controlled modulation and all weather stopping power
  • Wheels: Mavic XM-319 disc rims with Schwalbe Tyrago tyres for great grip on- and off-road
For geometry measurements see the bike on the Halfords website.
Cheers.
Sorry, only just seen this. I have passed the details on, and I will let you know if it interests him.:okay:

OP
OP
Chess

Chess

If you're really interested, you can of course come over. Please read the selling post again, to make sure the bike is your size.
It works and rides perfectly.
I'll let you have it for £300 - but definitely no less. It's a bargain at that price.
I'll be in after 12.
Sat nav:- HD5 9NZ
Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom