1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For some strange reason...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by andyoxon, 21 Sep 2007.

1. andyoxon

andyoxon Veteran

...our loft cold water tank doesn't appear to have a lid. Any ideas where I could get one, without having to buy a new tank of the same size, or, what would do the job...?

Andy

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

In a previous house, i just had a piece of hardboard over it, weighed down to stop vermin/children/ne'erdowells falling in.

3. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Does the water taste of bat droppings?

4. I think you buy them separately anyway... google bylaw 30 kit perhaps

5. OP
    OP
    andyoxon

andyoxon Veteran

...and I thought it was the new toothpaste :blush::o)

Thanks all... also had a suggestion of a ply sheet with battons around the edge...

6. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Drat. I took one to the local council recycling place only a few weeks ago. You might have one near you, try them.

7. Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

Industrial clingfilm should do the job.

Other than that, yeah, some lump of wood, weighed down.

8. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Did anyone see the rogue traders or some such program where they filmed the plumber in the attic taking a whizz into the hw tank?

9. girofan

girofan New Member

God! Alcdrew, just had a thought of Victoria Pendleton in industrial clingfilm!

Aaah, Aaaah, Aaaaah, Aaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. sloe

sloe New Member

A bit of ply or board of some kind, a bit oversize, with a hole in it for the expansion pipe. Wrapping some bubble-wrap round it gives it a degree of frost protection.

11. col

col Veteran

Ours didnt either,we just cleaned the tank and put a piece of board already mentioned on it.I didnt think to frost protect it though.

12. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

No No - let the rats drown in it. You must maintain a strong immune system............ :biggrin: