For the Norfolk cyclists: cycling film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Greetings all.

Just to let you know:-

http://www.villagescreen.co.uk/calendar/

It would seem that 'The Flying Scotsman' is to be shown at Tittleshall Village Hall on 22nd March (Saturday)

For those who have not seen it, it's the story of Graeme Obree. It encapsulates the main story of the book very well, considering it's the book condensed down into a film. It looks at the man, his family, friends, upbringing, his demons and what motivates him, as well as his cycling. I saw it when it first came out and loved it. It's not a happy film but it is a good one. I'll miss it, as I'm away, but if I was here, I'd be going to see it as it's a film I'd love to see again.

p.s. Village Screen is something worth supporting - it brings films to rural areas where the local community can find it difficult to get to a cinema. Basically, the cinema comes to the village.

domtyler

Über Member
I think we all know that village screen is for out and out toffs. And I do know because my parents live in Bradford Peverall and are totally in to all this toff stuff.

Meanwhile I think I have to deal with yet another mouse infestation in my East London Terrace.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Thanks for the support there, Dom. Thanks so much.

I'll second Waffles - it's a great film. Not an easy watch, by any means, but a good film none the less. Few films get me emotionally, but this one did. For non-Norfolk types, there's a DVD doing the rounds on the forum. Watch it. It's good.

Top Bottom