Forgot my trousers today.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
You don't keep a pair of emergency backup trousers in your drawer?

You will now.

It could be worse. The alto sax player in our band once arrived at a gig in his shorts and T shirt to set up. When the other horn players changed into their black suits, he found he'd forgotten his trousers. Faced with the awful prospect of playing at a swanky wedding in black jacket, black shirt and bermuda shorts, he shot off and bought a pair of trousers at the nearest Tesco's.

Now, at every gig: "Remembered your trousers, Adam?"

tyred

Legendary Member
I remember a man turning up at church with an immaculate suit and a pair of slippers on his feet. He had forgotten to put his shoes on before leaving the house.

You could have drawn a seam up your legs Panter after first colouring them with gravy browning.

I used to take stuff in at the beginning of week - I had 2 pairs of shoes same style different colours, black & navy. At the end of one day, I started to get changed back into my cycling clothes & realized I'd been wearing one black and one navy shoe all day. At least they're close!

gavintc

Guru
I have occasionally been commando at work and in business suit, black shoes and white ankle socks, having left both undies and socks at home.

derall

Guru
Have forgotten shirt / trousers / shoes on a number of occasions. Fortunately when this happens I can just got down to theatres and get a set of scrubs to wear for the day.

bonj2

Panter said:
Well, not technically today really......

I don't cycle every day, in fact far from it. It's too far, too hilly and I'm too fat and lazy.
So, what I do on "car" days is to bring in my clothes/sandwhich etc for the next days ride so that I don't have to faff around with rucksacks or panniers.
Then, when I get to work I can just change into my smart clothes and dry off the cycling stuff with a complex system of fans and makeshift washing lines :biggrin:

The systems worked very well, until today....

So, I stagger into work, get my breath back and rummage through my drawers for my trousers.
The fact that they're quite obviously not there doesn't prevent me from frantically looking under pens and paperclips lest they should magically appear but, after a minute or two of rummaging in increasing desperation, I have to concede that they're at home.

So, I'm now at work, wearing smart leather shoes, spandex and a labcoat.
I'm just waiting for the staff to roll in so that the humiliation can start...............:biggrin:

Luckily, I'm in a senior position so that no-one will say anything to my face;)

Unluckily, I'm in a senior position so that no-one will say anything to my face :wacko: but I dread to think of the topic of chat in the tearoom :biggrin:

Ho hum.

well surely if you're wearing cycling shorts under a labcoat, they won't be able to be seen (unless it's a very short labcoat), so they won't know you're wearing *anything* under it! :laugh: :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Forgot mine today for the first time since 2006. There was that slow, sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as I opened my locker and realised.

Luckily, I keep a pair of emergency jeans in there for dress-down Fridays in case there's no room in the backpack on the day to bring in a pair. So I'm in jeans and business shirt / shoes today, sticking out like a sore thumb.

I have a feeling I'll be putting a pair of 'emergency trousers' in my locker very soon for days like this.

ChrisKH

Guru
bonj said:
well surely if you're wearing cycling shorts under a labcoat, they won't be able to be seen (unless it's a very short labcoat), so they won't know you're wearing *anything* under it! :biggrin: :laugh:

He's not Albus Dumbledore in a full length gown for goodness sake! :wacko: He's in a lab coat which, at best, I would imagine will go to just below the knee? So there's a gap between his kneesies and his feetsies. Convention states he should at least be wearing corduroy trousers or a nice pair of fashionable Farah slacks.

bonj2

ChrisKH said:
He's not Albus Dumbledore in a full length gown for goodness sake! :evil: He's in a lab coat which, at best, I would imagine will go to just below the knee? So there's a gap between his kneesies and his feetsies. Convention states he should at least be wearing corduroy trousers or a nice pair of fashionable Farah slacks.

yeah well cycling shorts don't go to below the knee, ergo, if the lab coat IS below the knee, then the bottom of the lab coat is therefore below the bottom of his cycling shorts. Therefore the cycling shorts can't be seen. Thus, any other given employee could be forgiven for thinking he isn't wearing anything other than a labcoat.
I would have thought that was obvious...

monnet

Guru
A mate of mine forgot his the other day. He used to be a class rider but he quit a couple of years ago and has...ahem...expanded somewhat in the interim. The sight of a very portly gent poured into old club kit, complete with fading lycra waiting for his Mrs to turn up with some trousers was a bit much for some at 8am. One false move and the rusty sheriff's badge could have been on display to all.

Top Bottom