Forgot my trousers today.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Well, not technically today really......

I don't cycle every day, in fact far from it. It's too far, too hilly and I'm too fat and lazy.
So, what I do on "car" days is to bring in my clothes/sandwhich etc for the next days ride so that I don't have to faff around with rucksacks or panniers.
Then, when I get to work I can just change into my smart clothes and dry off the cycling stuff with a complex system of fans and makeshift washing lines :biggrin:

The systems worked very well, until today....

So, I stagger into work, get my breath back and rummage through my drawers for my trousers.
The fact that they're quite obviously not there doesn't prevent me from frantically looking under pens and paperclips lest they should magically appear but, after a minute or two of rummaging in increasing desperation, I have to concede that they're at home.

So, I'm now at work, wearing smart leather shoes, spandex and a labcoat.
I'm just waiting for the staff to roll in so that the humiliation can start...............:smile:

Luckily, I'm in a senior position so that no-one will say anything to my face;)

Unluckily, I'm in a senior position so that no-one will say anything to my face :angry: but I dread to think of the topic of chat in the tearoom :biggrin:

Ho hum.

peanut

why wait ? the humiliation can start right away on here :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

ps if you remove your lycra they might think you are wearing shorts :angry:

Jane Smart

The Queen
You are in for a fun day then :angry:

How long is your lab coat? If you do all the buttons up it will just look like you are wearing a dress :smile:

Sorry I now have a picture in my head of a hairy arsed bloke.. .. ..

:biggrin:

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Jane Smart said:
You are in for a fun day then :angry:

How long is your lab coat? If you do all the buttons up it will just look like you are wearing a dress :biggrin:

Sorry I now have a picture in my head of a hairy arsed bloke.. .. ..

:tongue:

I'm afraid that is an extremely accurate picture..........:biggrin:

Yes, I am wearing shorts but they're just long enough that the bottom inch of them is poking out under my labcoat, quite obviously in Lycra, and framing my dumpy, immensely hairy legs against the stark Whiteness of my labcoat and the glossy Black of my shoes :biggrin:

No, pictures will not be following anytime soon :smile:

Ask them why they haven't responded to your memo about the charity 'wear anything' day you've organised for today. Then tell them they've got to do it for the rest of the week as a pennance. :angry: :smile:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Years ago I had to work in a vest and cycling shorts when I forgot to pack spare clothes on a very hot day.:smile:

It was like going to work in my jim jams or just out of the bath in only a towel.:angry:

I never lived it down.

Panter, is there nothing to hand with which to fashion a pair of troos?

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
tdr1nka said:
Years ago I had to work in a vest and cycling shorts when I forgot to pack spare clothes on a very hot day.:smile:

It was like going to work in my jim jams or just out of the bath in only a towel.:angry:

I never lived it down.?

:biggrin:

tdr1nka said:
Panter, is there nothing to hand with which to fashion a pair of troos?

Not really, I have some Blue roll and sellotape here but my tailoring skills are sadly lacking.
Mind you, I do have a Black marker, maybe, just maybe, I could pull it off. I only need the lower legs after all.......................:biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
After that day in just vest & shorts, which is also akin to doing PE in your underwear, I was laughingly known as 'Bicycle Pump' by the all the blokes, which I never knew was a compliment or not.:angry:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I did a similar thing when I used to commute to work by motorcycle. Suit, shirts and shoes in the office, change out of my leathers when I got there.

Spent one day in leathers and motorcycle boots when I forgot to drop off the clothes. :-)

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
No workshop sadly.

I'm going to wimp out actually, one of the guys will be in soon from sample collecting in the company Van so I'm going to comandeer that and go home and change :angry:

I have spent a day in leathers too actually, but that wasn't half as bad :smile:
Everyone's going to think I have a weird clothing fetish!!!!

Top Bottom