Forgotten purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I was in my garage looking for a Jiffy bag to post something - I found a bag with a pair of 105 brifters inside - BONUS!

I don't remember buying them!

They are second hand and probably from Cyclechat.

Handy though as I have currently got a right hand brifter with a stuck cable end.

Happy days - I can now finish my winter bike project!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I was in my garage looking for a Jiffy bag to post something - I found a bag with a pair of 105 brifters inside - BONUS!

I don't remember buying them!

They are second hand and probably from Cyclechat.

Handy though as I have currently got a right hand brifter with a stuck cable end.

Happy days - I can now finish my winter bike project!
That’s nearly as good as finding a tenner in a jacket pocket that you had forgotten about when you’re skint! :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I usually find my forgotten purchases about 10 minutes after the replacement product turns up. I have lost count of the number of new cassettes I have ready on the shelf. No doubt when I see one come up at a bargain I will add to the stock forgetting how many I have.
For me the spookiest one was last year when - as you say - literally minutes after opening a parcel containing a new bottle cage an identical bottle cage popped out of a heap of junk and waved to me. Not an expensive mistake but an annoying one.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a pair of 10-speed Campagnolo ergopower controls (prefer name that to brifters!) which I bought on CycleChat. I ended up making a singlespeed bike out of the Basso that they were intended for so the controls got put to one side, but I now have a second singlespeed bike. I am going to change the Basso to a 2x10 and leave it at my sister's retirement house in Devon, assuming that her move goes ahead post-Covid-19. It will be waiting for me there whenever I go down to visit.

byegad

Legendary Member
For me the spookiest one was last year when - as you say - literally minutes after opening a parcel containing a new bottle cage an identical bottle cage popped out of a heap of junk and waved to me. Not an expensive mistake but an annoying one.
I have cure for your problem. It works every time for me. Before ordering I ask Lady Byegad to come and look for the item.

Before she even gets through the door, and it works every single time, two of them will pop into existence in plain view. They certainly weren't there before. I don't know how she does it!

anothersam

SMIDSMe
...Happy days - I can now finish my winter bike project!
Have you rubbed any lamps lately? Careful, you've only got two wishes left.

Top Bottom