Fork size query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kenny Gray

Hi im looking to replace my broken front fork on my Specialized Sectuer caused by an accident last year and fed up waiting to get settled i am looking to replace the front fork and wheel. The question i have is the steerer length is 325mm on the bike at the moment, i take it that i need to buy a fork with a steerer length greater than this and cut to size? A lot of the steerer lengths i have looked at are only 300mm.
Any ideas on forks that would fit my bike with a length of more than 325mm.
Not looking to spend prob more than about £130, it is a cabon fork on it at the moment.
Thanks for any help.
Cheers Kenny.

Hi Kenny, I'm not sure that even the saddest CC geeks will have that kind of info in their minds. Your best bet is to trawl the web-sites and catalogues of companies like R J Chicken & son and Madison.

I'm a fan of Easton and Time components - excellent gear and thoroughly recommended, I couldn't tell you how long their steerers are though!

Have you tried contacting Spez directly? You never know - they might have a spare knocking around.

A quick google suggests that these are the only forks generally available with 350mm steerer.

If you deduct the space used by spacers on your bike from 325 - does that get you under 300?

OP
OP
Kenny Gray

Kenny Gray

Yeah saw those earlier. If i removed the spacers it would take me under the 300mm but it would take the bars down too low i think.
Are there any other options to raise the bar up if i went for the shorter steerer.
Kenny.

Top Bottom