Fork ;)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BretonM

Hi guys,
I currently have a Suntour XCT Fork on my bike.
My friend has a Suntour XCM Fork on his bike and his feel so much better.
What do you think about this fork as I do like them.
They are also about £60 from eBay.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2856.PNG
    IMG_2856.PNG
    24 KB · Views: 81
The XCM may feel better but it is still a cheap Suntour fork. They weigh about 3kg, have no rebound adjustment, ineffectual preload, no lockout and a poor response. You can at least service them but my advice is don't waste your money.

I have always found Suntour forks that begin "XC Anything" to be the worst .
A 60 quid fork is a 60 quid fork.
If you want to stick to Suntour,then a Raidon or Epicon fork will do the job.
IMO two very good forks with an unfortunate tag round their necks.
Suntour once made forks for Marzocchi(yeah yeah,they went out of business),and I would have killed for their 350 CR jobbie

They're also too soft. I rode one bike with XCM's on and the lack of rebound and crap preload meant they 'dug in' on cornering, the steering just felt like it had buckled under a bit. I tried winding the preload in but I couldn't see any discernible difference. As advised in your other thread, save your money and up your budget. There's more to a forks response than a soft cushiony feel when you push it down.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Okay thanks for your help.
What fork would you recommend under about £100.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Checking ebay, there's not a lot in 650b 1 1/8. There's some new Epicons for 160 but not a lot else. Best bet is to keep checking, something may come up, you might also get a bargain from On One or Chain Reaction for an end of line fork. Prices seem to have gone up now that the market has stabilised on 650b. Also check the Singletrack forums for 2nd hand forks.

Drago

Legendary Member
Okay thanks for your help.
What fork would you recommend under about £100.
Thanks.
A rigid one for that money.

Top Bottom