Forks extend after being locked out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi,

Did a bit of a ride yesterday on my Kraken, as it was a road ride I used the fork lockout.

When this is engaged The forks can still be compressed slightly, its not a mechanical solid lock out.

However, after the ride (about 10 mins after) I relesed the fork lock and the forks extended by about an inch, maybe a bit more. Should that happen?

@MODS: I also posted this in the beginners section. Could you delete that one and leave this one please? Sorry to double thread. :sad:

plank

What forks are they? Some forks don't have a lockout but just adjust the rebound damping so its very very slow, eg it will take 10 mins to return to normal rather than 1/2 a second. Maybe that's what happened..

so my marzocci freerides have the rebound damping adjustmet which would do what you described where as my rockshock domains have travel adjust and compression lockout which would stay at whatever travel I set them at with just a little bit of movement.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Some forks when you lock them out, compress locked out, and others lock out extended. It sounds like yours lock out compressed.
Its supposed to be better for when you are climbing btw. locked out compressed forks put the front end lower when you are climbing which is supposed to make it all a bit easier

Top Bottom