Formula R1 brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skip71

Trust me I'm a Jedi !
The new steed is turning into a noisy, screaming bitch. The performance isn't really compromised, but they are rather embarrassing when I come across anyone on a trail and have to slow down / stop suddenly.
Anyone's help appreciated, anything I can do the stop them squealing or is it replacement pads ?

Several possibles here. Firstly and most obvious is that disc pads on bikes don't last as long as on your car, have you checked them for thickness? generally pad material and backing plate should not be less than 3mm, if it is then change the pads.
They will also squeal if the brake isn't centered properly, watch the rotor while applying the brake. Does it deflect to the left or right? If so center it.
Can't hurt to take the pads out and clean the faces on a piece of emery paper to remove glazing then bed them back in with a series of hard fast stops.
Some brakes just squeal when they have some dampness or rain on them. As soon as they get hot it usually disappears. Mine fall into that category

Top Bottom