Fort William MTB World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
I had the pleasure of attending this event in Fort William over the weekend with my son who is a great fan of the downhill mountain biking.

I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in seeing some extremely skilful cycling. The speed that they go down an extremely steep course full of obstacles that would see most of us off the bike was phenomenal.

A great atmosphere too with plenty opportunities to get close to the riders, my son managed to get photos with the current world champ and a couple of ex world champs which made his day.

Attachments

• IMG_6735.JPG
    IMG_6735.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6759.JPG
    IMG_6759.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6764.JPG
    IMG_6764.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6787.JPG
    IMG_6787.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6791.JPG
    IMG_6791.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6797.JPG
    IMG_6797.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6801.JPG
    IMG_6801.JPG
    370 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6807.JPG
    IMG_6807.JPG
    398.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6808.JPG
    IMG_6808.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6816.JPG
    IMG_6816.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 84

wahoofish

Looks like it was an awesome weekend. Great to see the boy from my hometown winning again

I went about 7 years ago now and thoroughly enjoyed it. I also watched the Trials competition which was pretty cool and also involved a ferocious argument with a judge about a foot dab.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Watched it on Red Bull TV. OMG these guys are good. My wife was laughing at the muddy wood section, but even the best were struggling. It looked insane.

I can only wish - my missus was impressed with the 'air' the riders got, and then those who had lost time through mishaps, were doing tail whips just to keep the crowds happy on the way down.

OP
OP
Jimidh

Jimidh

Veteran
I can only wish - my missus was impressed with the 'air' the riders got, and then those who had lost time through mishaps, were doing tail whips just to keep the crowds happy on the way down.[/QUOTE]

Thought it was pretty good that despite coming unstuck the riders were up for entertaining the crowd.

D

Deleted member 23692

I watched it on live on RBTV and thought it was great. Would have been nice to see the Brits doing better, but that wood section was a killer.

Greg Minnar's runs just shows how damn suburb a rider he is, and that 29ers were the right choice for Fort William

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt3B1ahTFBs

Sublime

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Jimidh

Jimidh

Veteran
IMG_6766.JPG
I watched it on live on RBTV anf thought it was great. Would have been nice to see the Brits doing better, but that wood section was a killer.

Greg Miinnar's runs just shows how damn suburb a rider he is, and that 29ers werethe right choice for Fort William

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt3B1ahTFBs

Sublime

His ride was amazing especially through the woods where lots of riders struggled.

Good guy as well - was happy to pose with fans on practice / qualifying day on Saturday.

D

Deleted member 23692

It's great when you can get that close to the stars :becool:

It was remiss of me not to give mention the the women in my last post. Again it woulds have been great to see a British 1-2-3 but with Rachel Atherton out through injury it was never going to happen as the killer woods took its toll on the majority of the field... which makes Tracey Hannah's run to take the title truly outstanding.

Where the hell did she find 10.245 seconds?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ihHosqb3U

OP
OP
Jimidh

Jimidh

Veteran
It's great when you can get that close to the stars :becool:

It was remiss of me not to give mention the the women in my last post. Again it woulds have been great to see a British 1-2-3 but with Rachel Atherton out through injury it was never going to happen as the killer woods took its toll on the majority of the field... which makes Tracey Hannah's run to take the title truly outstanding.

Where the hell did she find 10.245 seconds?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ihHosqb3U[/QUOTE

That was an amazing ride - it would have been interesting to see if Atherton could have beaten that time.

Top Bottom