Fortnite?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Radio 4 is going on about it, what's it all about?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Radio 4 is going on about it, what's it all about?
Two weeks I reckon........

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

That's all it meant to me, but apparently it grosses more money each year that the whole film industry, unless I misheard

Adam4868

Guru
Is it the game that my kids used to scream and shout at the tv to ? Now they just scream and shout at me

I believe it is some sort of video game m'lud
Fortnite is an online video game developed by Epic Games and released in 2017. It is available in three distinct game mode versions that otherwise share the same general gameplay and game engine: Fortnite: Save the World, a cooperative shooter-survival game for up to four players to fight off zombie-like creatures and defend objects with fortifications they can build; Fortnite Battle Royale, a free-to-play battle royale game where up to 100 players fight to be the last person standing; and Fortnite Creative, where players are given complete freedom to create worlds and battle arenas. The first two-game modes were released in 2017 as early access titles and Creative was released on December 6, 2018. Save the World is available only for Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, while Battle Royale released for those platforms, in addition for Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android devices.
While the first two games have been successful for Epic Games, Fortnite Battle Royale became a resounding success, drawing in more than 125 million players in less than a year and earning hundreds of millions of dollars per month, and since has become a cultural phenomenon.

3 million dollars went to the kid that won the ‘Fortnite tournament’ last year. Basically got 3 million dollars, for sitting on his backside, playing a computer game. Cycling isn’t much better. Some people got National jerseys, for doing pretty much the same thing ( although it did entail actually pedalling a bike loaded turbo ).

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My grandsons play it all the time.:banghead:

keithmac

Guru
My lad played it for a while, he's back on it tonight as they've released a new version recently?.

A lad from UK won $1 million or not far off at that tournament as well.

Had my nephew over earlier and he would not breathlessly gushing about the fact that it was down for 2 days.

I play a lot of videogames and I refuse to give a penny to the ghouls who make (read: copied every single game mechanic wholesale) this game nor the shady people who bankroll it. It is laden with every underhanded psychological trick that the "AAA" games industry has come out with in the past 10 years.

Q. How can a free-to-play game earn more money than any other form of media?
A. Pairing peer pressure and psychological manipulation of children with microtransactions.

Might be interesting to google "who owns epic games" and come to your own conclusions.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a massive on-line game, and it all got blown up by meteors on Sunday and turned into a black hole, just before they released the new 'version', or summat like that.

Top Bottom