Fortnite?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Had my nephew over earlier and he would not breathlessly gushing about the fact that it was down for 2 days.

I play a lot of videogames and I refuse to give a penny to the ghouls who make (read: copied every single game mechanic wholesale) this game nor the shady people who bankroll it. It is laden with every underhanded psychological trick that the "AAA" games industry has come out with in the past 10 years.

Q. How can a free-to-play game earn more money than any other form of media?
A. Pairing peer pressure and psychological manipulation of children with microtransactions.

Might be interesting to google "who owns epic games" and come to your own conclusions.
I haven’t been into gaming since my PS2 died 10 years ago. But my son has a PS4.
the way games have changed in that relatively short time to make money is scary.Having to buy a game for £40 and then having to pay extra to unlock characters or items is just wrong.

gaijintendo

Veteran
It is a not very good game, but you have a button that you can press which will make your character do a dance.

You can probably buy additional dances.

The key thing about it is, you are made to stand out, and be less competitive if you don't pay money.

I keep pointing out to my kid that, if a game is fun but stops being fun unless you pay - uninstall it.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I remember reading about this. An Australian lad playing fortnite, well, i call him a lad but he is married with kids actually. He assaults his wife live on camera seemingly in front of his kids after she wants him to turn it off. I will link the story, but there is also a video of it which i will not link but you decide if you find it. When i was a lad playing Commodore 64 and Amiga's, games brought me pleasure, not anger... That i don't get, but oh well....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-48904987

keithmac

Guru
I remember reading about this. An Australian lad playing fortnite, well, i call him a lad but he is married with kids actually. He assaults his wife live on camera seemingly in front of his kids after she wants him to turn it off. I will link the story, but there is also a video of it which i will not link but you decide if you find it. When i was a lad playing Commodore 64 and Amiga's, games brought me pleasure, not anger... That i don't get, but oh well....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-48904987

I used to have an A500, great machine and some truely amazing people writing for it at the time (loved the demo scene).

Imagine booting a perfectly usable Windows desktop on 512kb of memory..

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I stopped playing once I completed Atic Atac, nephew tries to get me to play but I get bored very quickly with them

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Below is a short(ish) video showing some general gameplay.
Thank you but at 5 minutes it's too long, I'm turning into an old Millennial

winjim

Smash the cistern
Basically they just did the same as this forum, a big old upgrade and redesign, but instead of doing it quietly they built the whole thing, including the downtime, into the game and made a big event of it. The aim was to gain publicity by even getting people on unrelated message boards talking about it.

m0bley

I started playing Fortnite the day it came out. I got every single tier 100 skin in Seasons 1 through 7. I also play Fortnite on my phone after seeing it available on Apknite. But I'm done now. I quit. I don't think this time is the right moment for you to start playing it.

Top Bottom